~Poll~Curiousity and Opinions about gaming (please vote at least!)

What do you think makes a good gaming video?

• webcam overlay

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • video effects

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • new games

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • old games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • obscure games

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • original music/art

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Marriagestart

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah. and phoney reactions, that are WAAAAAY over the top that you can tell they are phoney, is kind of aggravating also. i mean come on. i get the entertainment value, but there is a limit. a level to the crazy fake reactions i can tolerate. But that's just a personal choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1466440309,1466440032][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think editing is so important! few want to watch gameplay without any explanation of whats happening! remember that the purpose of your videos is to entertain - you know whats going on because you filmed it, but your audience may not! I think interesting commentary is also a key element for good gaming videos - constant, clear and entertaining :p
any specific techniques and ideas you'd like to pass along for a new video editor? I usually use several ways to record and edit. but the only editting programs i have are AVS Video Editor and Windows movie maker. i do a lot of recording in OBS, because i can record facecam and screen capture in the same video, which limits resource loss. but it also limits my editting because with a seperate video recording and audio recording, it operates as one stream, instead of putting together all 3 in a creative way. if that makes any sense. 1 total piece as opposed to 3 seperate feeds to throw together. it's a double edged sword for fluidity and creativity. saves time, but there are some losses and things not involved. but then again, maybe i'm wrong, and the 3 feeds can be somehow seperated.