Politically Incorrect Humor

NoodlesAhoy

Reaction score
Hey there guys! So I've started a comedy channel and while I was brainstorming for another video, I recently found a channel that I really like which gave me a spark of inspiration. Some of his videos poke fun at ethnic stereotypes (i.e. chinese people eat dogs, italians do the hand thing, americans are fat)

There was a little twist I could add to my newest video that would make it revolve around poking fun at stereotypes in a similar way, and after looking at the storyboards, adding this twist would make it way funnier.

The thing is, though, some of my friends are scared this would get pretty offensive. What's the opinion on being slightly politically incorrect for jokes on YouTube? It isn't as reactive as the tumblr community, is it?

My jokes would only be along the lines of Der Schulte's "How Nations Say Hello" (Idk why this forum isn't letting me link it here but its pretty searchable), nothing too hateful, just poking fun at existing stereotypes.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Politically incorrect humor and jokes to offend everyone!

this is the title of the first google search result while searching for this term.
the real question is,
can you handle the comments and possibly hate that your videos will create?
As a positive, you will possibly grow fast and big (or dissapear within a night!) :p

As a personal opinion, I love humor. I cannot stop laughing on a funny line
even it is hard or black or offending even to me, as long as it is quic and smart enough.

Following the trends page in my native language as long as I cannot get
most of the jokes/idioms/persons even in English I have found that people
tend to call humor only offensive language without any spark or surprise
or even a little bit of knowledge in the flow of it.

Hope this helps.
:)

Reactions: tahlia