Podcasts

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone been on one? What should I expect?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I haven't been on one, but from the podcasts I've seen, I'd just suggest to sit back, relax, and stay calm. Be yourself. If there's any awkward silence during the recording, or anything bad happens, the podcast creator will probably edit it out.

BeefyTime

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to do one with a group of friends on an old channel, and you just need to treat it as you would if you were meeting up in general - personally, the podcasts I love listening to are the ones that just sound like a bunch of people who are clearly friends, and are just shooting the breeze.

If you're hosting one, just collect a list of topics to talk about, figure out how you're gonna start and end it, and it'll be fine - just make sure it's being done with people you can bounce off of, and the discussions are topics at least a few people there have opinions/knowledge about.

If you're a guest, then let them do their thing and interject when needed!

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I put it in the critique place as I had never done one. It was interesting.

I am considering hosting one. I dont know who with though and I would like to plan it out because I want to make sure the layout is appealing.

I am a person who watches them a lot. Glad I tried it.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I host a podcast over on my channel and have been on several myself - the best way to prepare yourself is check what the topics are gonna be beforehand, if your mic is decent (if you're at their space, leave that to them) and whether or not you're gonna be on camera. Most podcasts just stick with audio, but sometimes they keep the footage too.

But most importantly, chill! Be yourself! It takes a few minutes to ease into the podcast, I find, but conversation starts flowing pretty smoothly after that. Good luck!