Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i love that YouTube is going more mainstream, it gives me hope:)
:)[DOUBLEPOST=1539399839,1539399728][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, Ryan ToysReview sometimes visits this site. I believe the channel is run by Ryan's parents, which is perfectly legal. They are nice people. :)

I don't see anything wrong with the network using videos for a show -- as long as they secured all the proper permissions and such. ^^ Pushing YouTube stuff mainstream is awesome!
So does this mean I should delete the thread?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, Ryan ToysReview sometimes visits this site. I believe the channel is run by Ryan's parents, which is perfectly legal. They are nice people. :)
really cool for them but the question was:

eight years old, so is he spoilt, lucky or cool
and the answer is "all of them and neither one of them. child's life is stopped and driven to an oneway path it didn't choosed".

Child labor have way too many meanings than poor 12yrs old children in India working 14 hrs the day.

I usually use "maybe" and "perhaps" but in this case, I state it clearly. The kid is used. Sorry for being cynical sometimes. No arguments "the kid have fun", "the kid loves what id does" are accepted. We are talking an 8 year old child with not really a complete and full personality and the means to choose anything.

:/

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
With regards to whether Ryan is being "used" or not, I can only speak from personal experience and my perspective.

1. When I was 8 years old I would have LOVED to have been filmed and to be a star of my own youtube channel. Had my parents offered me such an opportunity and worked so hard to make it happen I would have been eternally grateful.

2. My 3 children HATE the idea of being on YouTube and are bemused by the fact that I have a channel. I would never put them through such an ordeal for that reason.

Ryan's parents (his Mom I think) have been on this forum and participated in a thread that discussed that very subject. I certainly came away from reading that thread with the impression that they are very level headed people, who love their son, and that the YouTube channel is a family activity that they all enjoy, Ryan (especially Ryan) included. More to the point perhaps, the success of the channel has allowed them to secure a good education and financial security for him...which surely is one of the main objectives of parents for their children.

Just to add, and to keep my comments relative to the OP:
No, I don't think it is going too far to use YouTube content for mainstream media. In the case of Ryan he is already a celebrity, he is "internet famous", it is natural that his content will be used in other forms of media. His parents of course will have a challenge to keep him a well balanced and level headed young man - but this is a challenge that many parents have when their kids become well known.

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When I was 8 years old I would have LOVED to have been filmed and to be a star of my own youtube channel
Here is an example for non famous children.
At kindergarden (currently) there are some events. We are three dads covering the whole event, doing multicam edit:
Highlights plus full stream, quite a small production if you like with (of course) no profit intented
while delivering to all parents with the only rule that those files will not go public.
The reason is: we do it for "our" kid and "us". Having memories, and something to left to the kids to remember or use later.
Work is divided, two main cameras, online distibution, DVD creation, delivery etc. i shoot b-roll & edit:
The most common gesture in the whole event in the timeline is raised hands with mobiles going from simple recording to livestream of the event.
The main idea was, three people will not relax and enjoy the kindergarden's event to record it so that everyone else will not worry to record.
The actual happening is that people "use" their kids for likes and views as long as an e.g. Facebook open profile is not "close friends and family".
This is what I understand, ofcourse, maybe I am wrong.

Agree that i was aggressive and absolute in my opinion, but this is just me (that I also use from time to time my kid for recording experiments or as a model...) :)

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Wyrd Wayfarer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
i love that YouTube is going more mainstream, it gives me hope:)
I'm actually more of the opinion that this is bad in the long run. It might but a bar in place that stops knowledgeable hobbyists from becoming more known, replaced with people who are only on there because they're pretty or can appeal to the lowest denominator.

My first youtube channel was way back in 2006, if only I knew then what I know now! But the site was very different. It was organic and nobody really gave a s**t about cinematography or even sound quality - it was the content or message people were interested in.

Nowadays you could have the best information in the world, but without all the bells and whistles half your comments would end up being about how your camera was slightly out of focus or whatever.

Pocket.watch is a network whom Ryan ToysReview is partnered with. However Poket.watch is turning YouTubers who are part of the network into "celebrities". They are now making a new "show called Mishmashes, where they play the best clips from their videos. The show will be on Hulu & Amazon, and are even going sell it to global distributors. But is this to far? Ryan is only eight years old, so is he spoilt, lucky or cool?
I have a suspicion that a lot (not all) really successful youtubers get there because they're already in a lucky or privileged position. I wonder how some, particularly gamers, have all this time to release almost daily content.

GameCable

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Because people are idiots and the mods haven't thrown him off yet?
Well people are saying its his parents who come on here, but Ryan is the person doing it, so why ain't he on here? But then again, "13+" rule. Ryan has been used, we all know that.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well people are saying its his parents who come on here, but Ryan is the person doing it, so why ain't he on here? But then again, "13+" rule. Ryan has been used, we all know that.
With YouTube's new "minors on video" rules, you'd think all of that would be going away.

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
As someone that has been successful with youtube kids, I can surely tell you that Ryan has been used. The amount of videos being produced is not possible without forcing him and controlling his life. They have made millions upon millions and they have expanded now with products in stores and now in main stream. They quit their regular jobs and went all in. We made a choice that our kids lives were more important that filming on a regular basis. Plus as they got older, they no longer wanted to do content that gets the most views. The algorithm made us pay dearly for this, but I don't regret it. I have a regular job that makes good money and I am not going to force my child to do something for pure greed. We still produce videos when it is fun and convenient for us. We have gone from 20 million views a month down to a couple million, but you have to put your kids above money. I won't lie, it was difficult watching the revenue disappear, but Youtube has become fun again. We let the kids decide what they want to do and if the content is not popular, so be it. I don't mean to be too critical of Ryan's parents as I don't think they are bad people, but I think they got blinded by greed. It can happen to any of us because we are human.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
With regards to whether Ryan is being "used" or not, I can only speak from personal experience and my perspective.

1. When I was 8 years old I would have LOVED to have been filmed and to be a star of my own youtube channel. Had my parents offered me such an opportunity and worked so hard to make it happen I would have been eternally grateful.

2. My 3 children HATE the idea of being on YouTube and are bemused by the fact that I have a channel. I would never put them through such an ordeal for that reason.

Ryan's parents (his Mom I think) have been on this forum and participated in a thread that discussed that very subject. I certainly came away from reading that thread with the impression that they are very level headed people, who love their son, and that the YouTube channel is a family activity that they all enjoy, Ryan (especially Ryan) included. More to the point perhaps, the success of the channel has allowed them to secure a good education and financial security for him...which surely is one of the main objectives of parents for their children.

Just to add, and to keep my comments relative to the OP:
No, I don't think it is going too far to use YouTube content for mainstream media. In the case of Ryan he is already a celebrity, he is "internet famous", it is natural that his content will be used in other forms of media. His parents of course will have a challenge to keep him a well balanced and level headed young man - but this is a challenge that many parents have when their kids become well known.
Yea I remember they got really really mad at me because I opined about a potential “where are they now” in 20 years time. Though I did say that it’s probably better than being a child actor because it’s kept in the family and out of Hollywood.