Please review my lighting and sound quality on my Atheist story time video

Purely Peña

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Hey everyone,

I want to buy lighting and sound equipment but financially, can not afford both right now, so need to choose one or the other.

Could you all please check out my Coming out story : Atheist video, and let me know if you think my sound and lighting need more work? Are they good? What do you think I should invest in first.

Here is the video:

For sound, I wanted to get the rode video mic. For lighting, I wanted to get either a diva ring or box lights, and I can't decide. I just really want the quality of my videos to be good! I am still new to youtube, only been doing it for a few months, so still kind of clueless.

Thank you for any help you all could give![DOUBLEPOST=1446148794,1446148669][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh! Please also comment on anything else in this video you notice I need to improve on! Thank you! I am open to criticism about my style/quality/lighting/sound/format

IronAntz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your lighting is perfect, your face is bright there is no issue around so I don't think lighting is something you should worry about unless you change how you film. Sound I was here a little popping while you are talking so I would say a good mic and pop filter could be something good to invest in.

And this is my own critique would be your camera is very very close to your face. Its cutting off the top of your head. You may want to pull it back a bit so your not so close, but beyond that for a vlog it was really good. You spoke your mind you were on point and it was very well done

Purely Peña

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Thank you very much! I will start pulling the camera back a little. The weird sounds in the background is my dog :-( he has a bed right behind me and likes to come upstairs while I film, and can be really noisy. Lol. He is such a naughty boy! But I haven't the heart to kick him out :-(