Please rate my thumbnail ... any suggestions for improvements?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So here's the thumbnail I currently have planned for a video that I'm currently working on.

I believe this thumbnail not only accurately and succinctly conveys to the audience what this video is about, but also has a nice mish-mash of eye-catching colors (namely red, the most visible color to the human eye) without being an eyesore. It also uses font that is specific to the gaming franchise that the video is about. I also would like to think that the question that this thumbnail asks is a nice, catchy slogan that can be a trademarkable title for a new series of videos that adhere to this format!

What do you guys think? Any ideas for how I can make it more clickable?

Attachments

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the review / feedback forum. :)

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Does this board even allow thumbnail reviews? According to the stickied thread, the only types of posts allowed here are specific videos and whole channel reviews.

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
sorry, but your thumbnail make me feel like it was made for kids

RobinRuby

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Remove the black background with stars, it doesn't make it look good :|

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So here's the thumbnail I currently have planned for a video that I'm currently working on.

I believe this thumbnail not only accurately and succinctly conveys to the audience what this video is about, but also has a nice mish-mash of eye-catching colors (namely red, the most visible color to the human eye) without being an eyesore. It also uses font that is specific to the gaming franchise that the video is about. I also would like to think that the question that this thumbnail asks is a nice, catchy slogan that can be a trademarkable title for a new series of videos that adhere to this format!

What do you guys think? Any ideas for how I can make it more clickable?
Also, to what RobinRuby said, remove the stars;

1. "Who Nostalgias It Better?" One font. For "VS" another font and possibly another color. It took me a couple of reads to realize that it wasn't saying "Who nostalgias vs it better?".

2. I also think the game titles or the cover picture might do a better job than the screenshots, really. It helps pointing out the two different games to a broader audience of Mario games.

Reactions: RobinRuby

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Remove the black background with stars, it doesn't make it look good :|
Why would that matter? It's one of the battlefield backgrounds in SMRPG. See ...

Please don't think I'm being argumentative. I'm simply trying to understand why it's a good idea to not use assets from the games in my thumbnail.

It took me a couple of reads to realize that it wasn't saying "Who nostalgias vs it better?".
Like this. Notice how this guy is giving a specific problem with the thumbnail, other than simply saying "it's ugly. Make it less ugly."

Last edited:

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Or how about this one instead? I know for a fact I want to use red for the words "Who Nostalgias it Better," so I figured a green background would look better, since red and green are opposite each other on the color wheel. On the other hand, I feel that "blue and red" are also appropriate because they are Mario's colors.

Attachments