Please i need answer

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
tbh even me i can't understand this
how a few words in a video match few words in other video can make copyright strike
i was surprised when YouTube team accept my first strike and more when accept the second and the third
i think there is copyrights we don't know about or its there defect in there system
about the situation that u misunderstanding its like :
you and i take the same song make it in same lyric or translate it to the same language ...so obviously there will be same words and phrases in ur video and mine to the same song
who publish the video first can make the strike to the other one lol
and forget about the video cause my videos i make with game trailers (no copyright) or i take permission to use it if it has copyright and the video belong to someone else
forget about the song too (if it has copyright i can't monetezation and the credits goes to the owner of the song and if its free than there is no copyright )
its all about words writing
similair translation (or lyrics) to the same song give you copyright strike ..(weird) but its that simple :(
so what u think maybe i will submit a counter notification to YouTube ...i think they will remove the strike cause there is mistake and misidentification here
sorry for the bad English i hope u get it now[DOUBLEPOST=1507300330,1507300203][/DOUBLEPOST]to get it good the translation is mine yes ...i make it in my own cause i'm good in translation from English to Arabic and sometimes i depend in google translation
i post the same subject to YouTube help forum and expert replay was :
"Bring Me to Life" is the song featured in (url of the video)
"Bring Me to Life" was composed by Amy Lee, Benjamin Moody, and David Hodges .
I'm not sure who's performing "Bring Me to Life" in (url of the video) nor do I know who owns the copyright on the sound recording used.

The visual content featured in (url of the video) is from a number of Anime cartoons.

I doubt that (name of the channel that give me the strike ) owns any of the copyrighted content in (url of the video).
so even youtube expert don't get it how i take the strike

Last edited:

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You got the strike because the other channel reported your video for infringing their copyright and the YouTube legal team determined it was plausible that it belonged to that channel. If it doesn't belong to the channel, then you should do a counter-notification. Only a copyright owner should be giving a strike. I could probably give you a strike if I gave a reasonable argument that I owned the copyright to one of your videos. Same thing with you giving me one. YouTube doesn't know, so unless they know for certain that the DMCA report is false, they probably take down the video just to be safe. In your case, your strikes to him and his strikes to you were false, so you should both file counter-notifications.

And just because someone doesn't put a copyright claim on your video doesn't mean it isn't protected by copyright. Everything created is protected by copyright as soon as it is created. Game trailers included. The copyright owner may not find your video or they may not care, or they may decide to make money off the ads on it and allow you to keep it up. But that doesn't mean that you still aren't infringing their copyright.

Reactions: Tarek 47

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i agree with what u say ... i should submit counter-notification and i hope they will remove the strike
i have only 2 questions i hop u answer :
1 - after termination of channel how much its stay in YouTube before all videos and content get deleted someone tell me 7 days is that true ?
2 - if they don't accept my counter-notification and his channel get deleted can i repeload the video without problem ? cause he will not can report my video again and give me that false strike

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube says they will terminate the channel after 7 days once it has 3 strikes, but I'm not sure if that really happens. I've seen someone say their channel didn't get terminated after 7 days. If he files counter-notifications, then his channel won't be terminated while the counter-notifications are pending.
You can re-upload the video, but he could still report it the same way he did before. I don't know if YouTube would consider his DMCA takedown notification valid or not in that case. As long as you include everything necessary in the counter-notification, though, YouTube should accept it.

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i get the first answer
but at ur second answer ... how he could report me when his channel get deleted ? ...YouTube says that when YouTube account terminated u cant create another one again ever
and even he can open another account how he can report my video when his video deleted with his channel ?

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes i know about that email ...i contact them about the strike with that email
but the question is : when he contact that email about my video he should put his video url ( the prove of that translation lyrics was stolen ) and here in his situation there is no prove cause his channel deleted and also his video gone so he cant make the counter-notification or at least YouTube team will not accept it cause there is no prove that translation belong to him

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You don't need the URL of your video, only the URL of the video that you want taken down. You don't need to prove to YouTube that you own the content in someone else's video. They will probably take it down unless they are sure you don't own the content, like some small channel trying to take down a Taylor Swift video and claiming it as their own.

Tarek 47

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
but he need prove that content (lyrics translation) belong to him ...and without his video he can't prove that
so how it work for him with that simple ?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You don't need to prove it, you just need to give a reasonable argument. YouTube just makes sure that the report isn't completely unbelievable and then they do it. They aren't legally in a position to be making determinations beyond that. It is mainly up to the person giving the strike and the person getting the strike to work it out. Only a court of law can really make a judgment on the matter if the 2 people can't agree.