PLEASE help me make sense of this!

Mr.Human

Reaction score
You say you JUST created. That's the answer. Give it some days :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I just created a new youtube business channel but am ripping my hair out because I cannot figure out why my channel cannot be found when I search for "tropicallyfit" on youtube because my youtube channel name is: Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit)....

... oddly other peoples channel does NOT have this problem. For example if you type ONLY "deep diving" into youtube search then this other person's youtube channel called Infinite Waters (Diving Deep) displays just fine if he ONLY types "diving deep" into youtube search... (meaning people do NOT have to also type "Infinite Waters" into the search in order for his channel to be found).

It is crucial that my channel can be found when someone ONLY types "tropicallyfit" into the search because that it what I am using for all my other social media sites but right now it's not working.... any ideas? Is it because my channel is "too new"?? Thanks!

Well I found your channel and you aren't doing any SEO at all !

Your channel keywords are: "video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload" (Where is your channel name?)

I then looked at your latest video:

title: "Cockatiel ignoring me and playing in my pantry."

Description: EMPTY (Where is your channel name?)

Tags: NONE (Where is your channel name?)

Tropical

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses it is greatly apreciated... here are 2 screenshots which show exactly what problem I'm referring to. Let me explain better... as you can see on this other guy's youtube channel it shows BOTH "Infinite Waters" AND it also shows (Deep Diving) right next to it... however as you can see on my channel it does NOT show both "tropical Blondie" AND (TropicallyFit).

This is what has me confused... how on earth did that other youtuber manage to get Infinite waters (Deep Diving)???

I cannot figure out how to get Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit) as my channel name like that other youtuber has??

Thanks so much for any further advice...

PS: I haven't had a chance to add tags/descriptions etc to my videos (I will go and quickly add that now) as I've been stuck driving myself nuts trying to figure out how that other youtuber got his channel name to display like that! =(

Attachments

Tropical

Reaction score
Whoops my attachments in prior post weren't clear here it is again... as you can see his channel displays his channel name "Infinite Waters" but it also shows "Deep Waters" right next to it in parentheses. Mine does not also show what I have in parentheses... if you go on youtube and search for "deep waters" you will immediately see what I mean. Then search for "tropical blondie" and you will see mine doesn't do the same... mine does not show (TropicallyFit) next to my channel name like his does... the (TropicallyFit) is completely missing...[DOUBLEPOST=1500917637,1500916836][/DOUBLEPOST]I also just added descriptions/tags and I put my channel name in the tag section.. hopefully I did it correctly! Thanks so much for reminding me! .. but I still cannot figure out how on earth that other youtuber managed to get (Depp Waters) to ALWAYS next to "Infinite Waters".

If you guys possibly know I'm super grateful. Thanks!

Attachments

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If you've only recently added the bit in brackets, then it'll take a few days for that to be reflected in the search results.

Regardless, I strongly recommend you follow my advice above.

Reactions: Switchbox

Tropical

Reaction score
It's finally working... except now I have a NEW problem! I am trying to separate "tropicallyfit" into "tropically fit" as it's supposed to be two separate words but it won't let me! I've attached screenshot to show you the error it gives me when I try to do it. Does anyone have any idea why? The other youtube whose channel is Infinite Waters (Diving Deep) he doesn't have this problem at all.. so why can't I get it to work for my channel? This is driving me insane!! =(

Attachments

Tropical

Reaction score
If you've only recently added the bit in brackets, then it'll take a few days for that to be reflected in the search results.

Regardless, I strongly recommend you follow my advice above.

Thanks for your help Crown. I just added the tags/descriptions etc to my videos. I also placed my channel name into the description section.... I HOPE I did everything correctly!

...Tropical Blondie was a personal channel and then I had a business channel named Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit). Just today I merged my personal channel with my business channel as I don't want a personal channel. I only want to use my business channel being Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit) so I merged the two channels and DELETED my personal channel. It appears in the process it either messed up my channel name... caused an error.... or I guess I just have to give it a few days so my channel name displays as Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit)... so strange the (TropicallyFit) part of my channel name is missing =(

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1500991913,1500918685][/DOUBLEPOST]Today it's still not working. Hoping in a couple more days it will. It ONLY works if I type Tropical Blondie (TropicallyFit) into youtube search but not if I ONLY type in Tropical Blondie (then "TropicallyFit" is missing). I've attached picture of how it's supposed to look. The reason this is so important is because TropicallyFit (not Tropical Blondie) is being used on instagram, twitter etc... so if TropicallyFit isn't very obviously tied to Tropical Blondie then people are going to have trouble finding me on youtube? :([DOUBLEPOST=1501024755][/DOUBLEPOST]I figured it out by simply creating another new channel which allowed me to type the name in correctly and accidentally deleting everything on my channel, whoops! All should be good now though :)

Attachments