Please help! Adobe Premiere Problem

Noah Ward (mnstr4lfe)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I have recorded some xbox gameplay with my capture card and it recorded in .avi format and the video is about 10 gigabytes. It's 9 minutes long but when I go to import the video into Premiere it only says the video is 1 minute and so many seconds long n i really want to edit this video for my YouTube. It has done this recently with about 3 of my xbox vids so I just scrapped them n made this one, but its doing this and I don't know what to do.

Can someone please help. I could really use the help for now and in the future. I would really appreciate any help n if I get the help I need I will shout you out on YouTube at the end of the video :)

EmoHaircutMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And it even opened an avi video? It doesn't even open avi's and wmv's for me! Convert the video to f4v or mov or flv. That should work! Also a little tip: always export to .f4v, because it has the smallest video size while having the best quality of almost all formats!

Noah Ward (mnstr4lfe)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And it even opened an avi video? It doesn't even open avi's and wmv's for me! Convert the video to f4v or mov or flv. That should work! Also a little tip: always export to .f4v, because it has the smallest video size while having the best quality of almost all formats!
I will start exporting in .f4v n what could I use to convert it. Would quicktime work for that?

EmoHaircutMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will start exporting in .f4v n what could I use to convert it. Would quicktime work for that?
Well you can export in whatever you want, that was just a tip ;) But for converting, I always use Any DVD Converter Professional. It is really easy to use, and it can convert almost from everything to almost everything! The website is any - dvd - converter dot com (I hope I won't get into trouble trying to post a link :D )

Noah Ward (mnstr4lfe)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well you can export in whatever you want, that was just a tip ;) But for converting, I always use Any DVD Converter Professional. It is really easy to use, and it can convert almost from everything to almost everything! The website is any - dvd - converter dot com (I hope I won't get into trouble trying to post a link :D )
Thank you I'll try it out n I'l let you know how it goes

Noah Ward (mnstr4lfe)

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My video w
wouldn't convert either. Must n too big or corrupted. Idk but I guess I'll just have to scrap it too but now I have a video converter that I can use when I need it so thank you for that n it works with another vid I did so idk but thanks a lot. Ima give you a shout out anyway

Reactions: EmoHaircutMan

EmoHaircutMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My video w
wouldn't convert either. Must n too big or corrupted. Idk but I guess I'll just have to scrap it too but now I have a video converter that I can use when I need it so thank you for that n it works with another vid I did so idk but thanks a lot. Ima give you a shout out anyway
Well that's strange then :s And thanks for shoutout :)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Video editing works best with uncompressed video. Just a thought. ;)