Planning your weeks worth of videos

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Hey all! Curious to know if you plan out the weeks videos you're going to make or if you decide on the day what you want to make?

I've been brainstorming the night before, but sometimes I wake up and decide "this one idea really interests me" and I guess sometimes that's not the best. I say that because I try to read the trends and see what's being searched, but then the video I WANT to make is something I think only I'm interested in.

But yeah, interested to hear your thoughts.

I have a folder full of ideas that should tide me over for the next 6 months. When I go and create I normally just grab a few from the folder / whatever I fancy and create 2/3 vids at a time.

I use an app called Google Keep as I browse on the Internet - it's effectively a post-it note program that functions as a part of your web browser, and then you can go to the main website and view all of your notes together. I have a tag for YouTube ideas, and I just jot down any thoughts that come to mind and wait until I'm in an appropriate mood to record a video.

It's a really great way to keep track of particular ideas, particularly as you can color-code them based on their subjects or the like.

I tend to write down ideas and then record a video perhaps two or three times a week, and I want to continue that schedule through to the new year.

Depends. I upload one video every day and I usually record and edit a day or two before I publish them. I have a lot of preliminary work to create content in advance, but sometimes the AL throws subtle ideas at me and videos are created the same day I publish them (like today.) So far, 60% of my traffic comes from Suggested Video.

Back