Planning News Videos

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all! So on my channel I do news reports about cute things so it's not really time sensitive information (unless there's a cute animal that has won the heart of millions overnight and its amazing). I try to plan my videos ahead of time using a helpful planner called "Epic Blog" but I haven't had the time to sit down and plan.

So I was wondering how early you guys plan your videos? And since I only do weekly videos should I always try to report on the latest thing?

Christie Levine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im mostly and entertainment channel but I also just started (btw your content sounds amazing I'm gonna check it out forsure). I pretty much will sit down and decide (usually a day or two before I record) and what is my topic and the main points I will cover and then I leave the rest open for me to ad-lib!

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im mostly and entertainment channel but I also just started (btw your content sounds amazing I'm gonna check it out forsure). I pretty much will sit down and decide (usually a day or two before I record) and what is my topic and the main points I will cover and then I leave the rest open for me to ad-lib!
Congrats on starting a channel! And thanks for the input! I can't wait to see what future videos you have planned!

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ERMEGOD FLUFFY DOGS!

It's always best to report on the latest things because they are most likely to become trending, but sometimes nothing specially is really happen so it's always good to have a couple of fluff or filler vids in the bank just in case, like things that won't really matter when they are released.

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ERMEGOD FLUFFY DOGS!

It's always best to report on the latest things because they are most likely to become trending, but sometimes nothing specially is really happen so it's always good to have a couple of fluff or filler vids in the bank just in case, like things that won't really matter when they are released.
Yeah thats what I thought of doing and sometimes I'm just plain old too busy to even film anything but I still want to release a video, so I should start making fillers. Thanks!

Reactions: OzzyMikeNaz

SherlockCupid

DropKick.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I write very basic plans for videos in my book of ideas.
Then I'll go through the book and decide what videos I want to record for the week.

I'm trying to go for 2 videos a week but it's harder than I thought!

AGRADEPUNCH

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The moment i'm inspired by some random experience in my life or if i'm reflecting on my past experiences, i will write it down in Microsoft OneNote - which helps me sort out my ideas into different tabs for different topics. Then when i feel like animating a particular topic, i will detail / create a script to see whether it'd work! Sometimes i feel motivated to write several drafts of various scripts and revise them later before animating them :) I try my best not to force myself, but to enjoy the process even if it can be stressful at times aha. Cuuute Channel btw :D

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I write very basic plans for videos in my book of ideas.
Then I'll go through the book and decide what videos I want to record for the week.

I'm trying to go for 2 videos a week but it's harder than I thought!
Yeah I try to do one video a week but last week I wasn't really into filming and I didn't want to put it out in the end. But yeah good luck on getting out 2 videos a week!