Planning and executing my first Live Stream?

Full of Eyes

Reaction score
Hi friends,

So, I’d like to do my first YT live stream. It would be a pretty basic Q&A. However, necessary for Q&A are the Qs....which only come with viewers. Since I’ve never done a live stream before, it will be a total surprise to my audience and I’m trying to think of ways to “prepare the soil,” as it were, before I launch.

Any ideas? First I’m guessing there’s somewhere on Analytics that will show me what time the majority of my subscribers are online (?). Other than that, I’m not sure of good ways to let people know I’m planning on doing this. I suppose a note to followers on other SM platforms would be a good idea...any other input from those of you who have pulled of a successful live stream in the past?

Thanks!

-Chris

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

You could look at your realtime analytics to identify the peak times on your channel. :)

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely use the community tab to your advantage if you have one! Are you present on other social media platforms as well? Usually the content creators I follow start hyping up their livestreams like eight hours in advance!

Full of Eyes

Reaction score
Yes, I do have a community tab and am on other SM platforms, so I will definitely look into using them both.

One thing I'm having trouble finding is how to see when my YT viewers are doing the most watching......I can find view stats for the last 48 hours, but is there a way to see a whole week's worth of data? FB, for example, shows me when my followers were online during the past week so that I have a good idea of when to post new content....I can't seem to find that with YT.