Plagerisi

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you're not giving credit, i would think so. you can't claim other people's writing and ideas as your own.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It depends on what you're reading and how much of it, but, yes, then can report you for copyright violation.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's what Matt Santoro and a bunch of others do already with their top xxxxxx lists. If you're wanting to read it 100% with no additional input of your own contact the creator for permission, otherwise if you're making it transformative enough just credit them in the description.

RollinDooobiez

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
who cares its not school do whatever you can do to get your channel booming

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
who cares its not school do whatever you can do to get your channel booming
That is bad advice sorry, although plagiarism on its own isn't a criminal offense if it infringes on the copyright holders rights they can and will sue the channel for copyright violation (or at the least claim the video/take it down) YouTube is already a minefield of fake copyright claims, but the real ones are just as bad too. You can also get a really bad rep for just blatantly stealing content without any credit to the creators. (IE look at Matt Santoro when people found out he was stealing content he had to go back and credit every single video and all that on top of all the hate comments, loss of subscribers, revenue....etc)

Things on YouTube that are on the edge of copyright really should be researched thoroughly otherwise you'll be doing more harm than good.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
When the site in question clearly states in its Terms of Use, and I quote here:

Under Content:

"All of the articles on Sportster.com are original works and are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights and are the intellectual property of Sportster.com"

And Under Use of Content: Paragraph 1

"Sportster allows its original content to be made available for non-commercial reproduction with a mandatory credit to the Website Sportster with both a link to the website and logo displayed. You may also reproduce extracts or quotes or screenshots with a mandatory credit to the Website Sportster with both a link to the website.

In any non-commercial reproduction you may not suggest that Sportster endorsed you or your use of the work."

Paragraph 4

"All other copying, rearrangement, broadcast, rewriting for broadcast or publication, redistribution, modification, use or publication by you in any medium, directly or indirectly, of any such matters or any part of the Website, including the removal or alteration of advertising, except for limited rights of use granted hereunder, is strictly prohibited."

I think that is pretty clear.

If the original poster can actually prove commercial use license rights for the material in question for both himself and any third party voice talent he might use, he is safe. Otherwise, I would not touch the stuff on this site with a 30 foot barge pole.

This is a channel ban waiting to happen in my opinion; especially if he is monetizing the videos without the commercial right to do so.

Hey, I think I had better go and get VIP so I can comply!

Portions of the preceding post courtesy of The Sportster web site: http://www.thesportster.com/. No reproducible logo was found to accompany this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sin B
Status
Not open for further replies.