Pixellated Uploads

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone noticed their uploads being pixellated? My original video was rendered h264 as an mp4 and played on my PC looks very good quality, not perfect but certainly not all pixellated. Now it is on YouTube it is all pixellated and apparently its been fully processed and is in 1080p. Any ideas?

Thanks.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Last night, my video wasn't pixelated but it had weird glitches. I checked my original rendered file and it was fine so I re-uploaded.

Reactions: Michael

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
How long after its done processing have you waited? Sometimes processing can be done but still have bugs. if its still bugged after a while Id delete and reupload. ........................

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Last night, my video wasn't pixelated but it had weird glitches. I checked my original rendered file and it was fine so I re-uploaded.
Thanks Mark, nice to see you, I will just leave it up, it isnt absolutely terrible but still not happy as I like the video to look just as good as what I uploaded :D

How long after its done processing have you waited? Sometimes processing can be done but still have bugs. if its still bugged after a while Id delete and reupload. ........................
Thanks, its been nearly 6 hours since processing now and looks the same, I am gonna leave this one. I will see what tomorrow brings :D

Reactions: markkaz

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Is it the complete video or just the beginning of it? When watching videos on youtube, I saw that there are a lot of them which have a bad quality for like the first 6, 7 seconds and are fine afterwards.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it the complete video or just the beginning of it? When watching videos on youtube, I saw that there are a lot of them which have a bad quality for like the first 6, 7 seconds and are fine afterwards.
It is the same throughout sadly, it still is the same today.

I have just uploaded another video this time rendered with a very high bit rate, was 50 I think and this one is a lot better, not perfect but way better than yesterdays. Yesterdays was 10 for the bit rate but should still look fine and not pixellated. Theres speculation online they are doing it to 1080p videos and not higher resolution videos. Not sure what to believe but the higher bit rate seems to solve the issue mostly. Still not happy with my original VS YT's version though :p

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ill try the bitrate as 15 from here on and see how it goes cheers! :)

Reactions: Mister20seven

Airodene

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube compression plays a big part, if you don't upload in a high bitrate to start with then YouTube will absolutely slaughter your quality.