Picking the Best Video Editing Software for You!

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Different program altogether! You are on a Mac.
Sorry, I feel stupid now, I thought the post was about iMovie, which my teachers want me to use, and won't let me install a better program on my school laptop, which really sucks. I use Adobe Premiere Pro on my machine at home and have tried iMovie to see if I could edit videos on this laptop, cause the school lets you bring them home, but I wouldn't be able to make my videos on it, because of how poor the options are. It feels like Apple expects everyone that uses their products to be retarded and not be able to make anything without using a preset, so they don't even offer the option of keyframing or any moving text that isn't a preset.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You did say "Movie Maker", rather than iMovie, which was what confused me. I've never figured out keyframing; so I just ignore it in editors which have it. I also use Adobe Premiere at times.

PriestMic

Reaction score
I think in this context its fine, since you are using the DVD simply in the context of an oscillator source. Thanks for the submission

chimborazo -- cool can you edit your post with a list of gear used?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My preferred video editing software these days is Olive Video Editor.
It's Free and Open Source Software.
Although Olive is still in alpha phase, it has some great features and works very stable (at least for me much more stable than Vegas Pro 15).
In contrast to other freely available software like e.g. DaVinci Resolve, Olive has no artificial limitations.

Last edited by a moderator: