Phrases and Quotes to live by while Creating...

Mr Kerbibble

A couple of nerds. A nerd couple, if you will.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hell all! So, these are just a few of the things I have hanging on my wall, that I occasionally glance at when I'm feeling a bit down about creating:

"Patience, Practice, Persistence, Passion, and a Pile of Luck."

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."

"DO have patience, but DON'T stop trying."

"Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it. Have no fear of the blank page. Learn, grow, fill the pages to the brim."

Anyone else have a 'mantra' or phrase that helps motivate you and keeps you going?

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One of my favorites

Good, better, best
Never take a rest
Until your good is better
and your better is best[DOUBLEPOST=1454624571,1454624441][/DOUBLEPOST]

One defines me personally...
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work.[DOUBLEPOST=1454625169][/DOUBLEPOST]
One of my favorites

Good, better, best
Never take a rest
Until your good is better
and your better is best[DOUBLEPOST=1454624571,1454624441][/DOUBLEPOST]

One defines me personally...
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work.

Last one I promise, my favorite quote ever~
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.

2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.

3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.

4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.

5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress.

6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Acheivements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.

2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.

3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.

4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.

5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.

Pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life. "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)

Reactions: Rachael and Sabrina

Tranxify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
My teacher showed us this in one of the lessons. It was for a whole other reason, but I took it and implemented it to my Youtube channel.

"If Howard Schultz gave up after being turned down by 242 banks there would be no Starbucks"
"If J.K Rowling stopped after being turned down by multiple publishers for years, there would be no Harry Potter"
"If Walt Disney quit too soon after his theme park concept got trashed 302 times there would be no Disney Land"
"One thing is for sure, if you give up too soon you'll never know what you'll be missing. Keep going and never quit"

All that we see is the success, but we never look at the struggle behind that success. That is why people quit. They think that if success doesn't come to them, they are not talented enough. In reality, they are just not patient enough, and maybe that's a talent in itself.

Now this fits creating a Youtube channel so well. If you quit after you took a year to just get 100 subscribers, you might not become the new Pewdiepie. If you quit after you uploaded 53 videos and each of them didn't get more than 100 views, you might not get 1 Million subscribers in the future. Youtube needs time and patience, if you quit too soon, you never know that amount of success you could've made.

Reactions: Peaceful Scenes

GoingMainStreet

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
"Good friends won't let you do stupid things, best friends won't let you do stupid things...alone."
"Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth."
"If anyone ever talks behind your back in life, just know that you're in front."

The last quote I made myself

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
“You don’t try to build a wall. You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say ‘I’m gonna lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid,’ and you do that every single day, and soon you have a wall.” (Will Smith)

"Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working hard." (not sure of source)

MeowCaptain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Cats are the master race, and dogs are inferior scum. Kill them all!"

Marc Baggett

I've Got It
Reaction score
My 2 favorite quotes are

"You get out of it what you put into it" which I first heard from Paul Levesque

It's so true. For a YouTube channel to be successful you need to put in the time and invest your time to film , edit, advertise / market and interact.

My second favorite quote is

"I don't embrase excuses , I embrase solutions." - Jon Taffer

I always remind myself of this quote when I'm feeling lazy. It works and motivates me a lot.

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
e. Youtube needs time and patience, if you quit too soon, you never know that amount of success you could've made.
My phrase is similar and it has helped me through many of life's trials when you just need to be patient and let time pass:
"It's a marathon, not a sprint."

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
"The path to success it to take massive, determined action" - Tony Robbins
“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” - Napoleon Hill
"Imagination and faith are the secrets of creation." - Neville Goddard
"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." - Marcus Aurelius
"This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play." - Alan Watts
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." - Napoleon HIll
A few of my favourite quotes that I feel apply also to my YouTube creations. :)

Reactions: Crown