Phone Number For Youtube

LegitHuman

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would like to be able to put a custom thumbnail on my youtube videos but that would require a verification through phone and I so not own a phone at the moment so I have a couple of questions...

1.Will it allow you to retrieve your password or some sort of information from your account?(For safety reasons)
2.Will it be "saved" or is it just for the verification?
3.If it is saved can you change it?
4.Is it linked to the Google phone number?
5.Will it send you messages?

Fearnbus25

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't realy Answer Question 1 or 4 but I'll do my best.

I was kinda hesitant on this matter as well, since I don't own my own phone either I had to use my parents cell phone so if youtube did send lots of spam my parents would have to live with it as well. But I asked them and explained the situation and they decided to let me do it and here are the results.

Question #1: Again I'm not really sure what you mean by this so I can't answer it, sorry :(
Question #2: As far as I know it is just a verification, I had them send the text a long time ago and they haven't sent anything ever since that Verification thing so I do believe that they don't save it.
Question #3: As far as I know I don't think it gets saved
Question #4: Again I don't think it get's saved anywhere so I'm pretty sure it won't get linked to Google
Question #5: Going along with my answer for Question #2 I'm pretty sure it is just a verification, (as I already said) I haven't received any text from youtube since that one that they told my the verification number.

Real quick one last thing I want to say is that I have no proof on backing this up, I answered all these question on my experiences only, so it was just mainly guessing that they don't save you phone number. But I can assure you that they haven't sent any spam at all :) I hope this helps

~Fearnbus25

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
You already have a google account, so set up your Google Voice. Should be able to use that.