Personal IG vs business IG?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
When I first started my YouTube account I was using my personal Instagram to promote and share my videos.. Now that I have more subscribers and followers I realized I made a mistake and I should've started a separate account. My friends don't follow me to see my YT posts and my subscribers don't follow me to see posts from my personal life. Unfortunaly I realized it a little too late. I'm trying to figure out how to go about creating a new Instagram and keeping my followers and my biggest issue is the username. When i first starte i changed my username to match my YT username but now I'm thinking of creating a new account using my current name and changing my personal one back to what it used to be.

Is this a good idea what would you guys suggest creating a new account or just keep going with this one?

Lloydo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Certainly a good idea to have two separate accounts. People don't need to know every last detail from your life so it's nice to have some privacy.

I would maybe recommend posting a photo and a video? With basically just the new Instagram name saying that you are transferring across. Then give it a week. After that you can either make your personal account private or remove everyone who isn't your friend from your personal account!

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Crixifa

Crixifa
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally would just make another instagram and make that your personal account.
It depends how many irl friends you have vs how many youtube subscribers follow you on Instagram.

If you have less subscribers that follow you on Instagram, then make that your personal account.
If you have more subscribers that follow you on Instagram, then make a different personal account.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Good idea -- Since it was originally my personal acct, I have more friends than subscribers, I guess it's time to create a new account.
I personally would just make another instagram and make that your personal account.
It depends how many irl friends you have vs how many youtube subscribers follow you on Instagram.

If you have less subscribers that follow you on Instagram, then make that your personal account.
If you have more subscribers that follow you on Instagram, then make a different personal account.
d