perks of getting 100 subscribers?

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

I've been on YT for 10 months now and I'm just 10 subscribers away from getting to 100. I remember reading somewhere that youtube provides some perks for user accounts with over 100 subscribers, but i can't remember what they are?

Any advice? thanks

Reactions: Maki TheNewbierus

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I've heard that YouTube has a different algorithm for channels with 100+ subscribers. This means your videos will appear higher in search results than smaller channels. As well as this, you finally meet the 100 subscriber requirement to change your channel URL!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think there is a small algorithm boost, I'm not sure. For me, I saw a small increase in daily subscribers and views. However my growth from 1000 to now has been much more. I've seen significant increases in daily subs and views. I know when you get the 1000 you unlock the opal creator level and get access to workshops and such

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've heard that YouTube has a different algorithm for channels with 100+ subscribers. This means your videos will appear higher in search results than smaller channels.
That's another myth of the YouTube algorithm. I have created several channels for narrow topics over the years and I never saw connection between number of subscribers and visibility of video in the search results. If you have more subscribers your video is more likely to be watched more times at the beginning and have higher retention time, which will make the video ranked higher in search results, but that doesn't mean if you have more than 100 subscribers it will be higher in the search results apriori. In fact my second most watched video with 703K+ views is on channel that was with less than 100 subscribers when it was uploaded, while I had exactly the same video on my main channel with more than 5K subscribers at the time. Of course after this video the channel now has 2300+ subscribers, but I abandoned it, since I decided to focus on my main channel, but the heart stops me from deleting the abandoned channel with more than million views and that many subscribers :)

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately there are no algorithmic perks. Yt does not have dedicated subroutines for subscriber levels, especially not 100. What does happen is the more "real" subs you have, the more your videos are watched relative to channels with less subs; that gives you progressively higher channel watch time and higher channel authority, leading to better placements (assuming all else equal).

From what I've noticed, it's at the 5k sub level that there appears to be some increase in traffic overall. 5k seems to be the first threshold where there are much more channels under 5k than over 5k. So if you're over, you have a significant advantage over those under you. But what's more important here are the traffic numbers, not the absolute sub number.

Same appears to happen at the 10k and 50k levels as well. Once again, there are more channels at the 5k-10k level that above that level. Once you get to 100k subs, you have decent traffic to make things fairly interesting. Still a bit to go, keep at it :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think there is a small algorithm boost, I'm not sure. For me, I saw a small increase in daily subscribers and views. However my growth from 1000 to now has been much more. I've seen significant increases in daily subs and views. I know when you get the 1000 you unlock the opal creator level and get access to workshops and such
I heard this too:up2: and yes when you hit 1000 subs you will see a significant increase:) I often hear that getting 1000 is the hardets part and from there it gets a bit easier:) You still have to work hard and create good videos of course but the subscribers comes easier;)

Annette Regina

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Really? Wow that’s amazing! I really hope it moves my channel up a bit so I can get more views, comments and subscriptions. Do I need to apply to get the personalized url or is it automatic? Its one of those things I also believe would help my channel in the long run and perhaps also if I want to start a blog.

Skyler Henricks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In a sort of related topic does anyone know of how to change your URL, I have had this gmail account since 2009 and I guess I gave myself a URL username back in 2011 and didn't realize it till today when I made an account on here lol...but I would want to change it to my channel name once I hit 100 subs any advice??