People upload my music and someone gets paid for that. What have I to do?

Reaction score
...The alternative is to do it yourself but it's a complicated process. I investigated it for my music and then decided to go with Adrev. There are a few other services as well. Everything is on the G to the oogle.
Yes, that is exactly what I am asking for. Other services did not informed me about my stats/total earnings and after 5 years I have receive nothing from YT. So I decided to do it alone with my webmaster.

I am googling it, and I am looking for it for very long time. I have not yet found what have I to do for that:

How can I do it by myself? Every day, hundreds of videos are uploaded in YT including my music and ads too.

What have I to do? What have you done in the past, for that?

Reachground

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've claimed, and continue to claim, that get another company to do it for you is the best choice. If you're set on doing it yourself, the first you have to do is to apply for a Content ID tool. Can't link it since I'm not VIP. When I searched for it I found a thread where you asked about it. No response unfortunately. That's the way it is and the reason why many choose to go through another company.

Since you seem to have decided that you're going to do it yourself I can't help you anymore. Perhaps someone else on this forum can.

All the best.

//Reach

EDIT: Just checked my account. So far Adrev has monetized ~15.000 views of videos with my music. 20% to them, 80% to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think that I have not made clear to you my problem. I claim for my songs in my channel and everything is OK.

BUT: Every day, other users upload hundreds of videos including my music. And I have a company that manages these videos's licenses.

But right now, I have receive zero $ from these video ads and views, and the most important is that I have receive no stats information about them.

So, you suggest me to continue using another company?

Thank you for your reply!

Reachground

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There are several companies that can help you. Adrev, ONErpm and INDMUSIC for instance. I went with Adrev and is happy with the choice. They provide you with stats of videos, songs and what you made from each one. If you have a company that's taking care of that for you and don't provide any info that seems very strange.

Like I said, there's always the choice of doing it yourself but it's difficult and you don't find that much information about it online.

Wish you all the best.

Reaction score
Maybe my first step is to pull out these companies that are generating my earnings from YT uploaded videos.

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of start flagging videos that use your music. Then copyright your music so it is caught by content id and then once third party content is caught, they either have to pay you to use your content or take off their video from youtube..
Cheers

Reaction score
First of start flagging videos that use your music...
That is exactly what I am looking for.

But, when I choose in an uploaded video:
Infringes my copyright, I am redirected to the video removal page where I am asked the:

∗ URL of allegedly infringing video to be removed:

And I do not want these videos to be removed. What have I exactly to do?

Thank you for your response!

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
∗ URL of allegedly infringing video to be removed:

And I do not want these videos to be removed. What have I exactly to do?

Thank you for your response!
Then I guess, Send a PM to the channel owner who used your video and ask him to give you a share of the video and how much he made for it. I guess 20% to 40% is feasible.
Example: If he made 100$ out of the video that had your music, then ask him to send you 20$.
Other thing you can do is solve it legally by sending a email to Youtube staff or your partner programme :)

Reaction score
It is impossible to ask from each uploaded video my share. I ask from very famous video uploaders (e.g. with millions of views), to add a back link to my official YT channel, at their video description.

...Other thing you can do is solve it legally by sending a email to Youtube staff or your partner programme :)
One partner is collecting these funds the last years, and I have receive nothing yet for that.

So the only solution is to claim and remove these uploaded videos?

How does the partner collects this share?

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is impossible to ask from each uploaded video my share. I ask from very famous video uploaders (e.g. with millions of views), to add a back link to my official YT channel, at their video description.

One partner is collecting these funds the last years, and I have receive nothing yet for that.

So the only solution is to claim and remove these uploaded videos?

How does the partner collects this share?
Yup, claim and removal of video is the only way to do it :) Ask that partner to give you your money back as the money is rightfully yours. Try contacting him at the very least before taking any actions. Otherwise you can take some legal actions about him :)