People that say you need to improve or that compare you

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey what's up guys!

So it could just be the weather (it's 34 degrees and extremely humid) or I'm genuinely annoyed and frustrated.

So I just got some messages in a friends' groupchat. One of them was a picture from a Pokemon Go video from a little boy. He had 100k views and around 4000 likes and 1600 dislikes. A friend said: 'Duncan, you've still got a lot to learn'.

I'm like... why do you compare me with others? Why do people compare themselves with others? You are unique so you can't be compared. The fact he also said that I had a lot to learn but didn't specifically say what also annoyed me. I appreciate feedback if it's constructive criticism but this wasn't at all.

I guess it's just the weather that I let this bother me so much but still... how would you feel?

Thanks for reading if you read this all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ComicallyFamous

Dgamewiz

Gaming Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Something like that would probably p**s me off too. Not the being compared part but the fact they would say that and not tell me what they exactly mean. So I understand why you'd have your jimmies rustled.

Reactions: Devin and DuncanT

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds like you need better friends.
To be really honest, I sometimes think that too... :/ They'll come and these friends will fade away... I'm certain of it. :)

Something like that would probably p**s me off too. Not the being compared part but the fact they would say that and not tell me what they exactly mean. So I understand why you'd have your jimmies rustled.
Haha thanks Dgamewiz, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this when people say that :p

Reactions: Dgamewiz

Kira.Yamaguchi

The Legend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
That's really immature of them to say.
I would be fine if they actually specify which part or what should I learn.

It's like they wanted to say "This guy has so much more subs and views, you can never be like this."

Reactions: Devin and DuncanT

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's really immature of them to say.
I would be fine if they actually specify which part or what should I learn.

It's like they wanted to say "This guy has so much more subs and views, you can never be like this."
Yeah, that's exactly what I feel like they are saying. And they could also be jealous...

You need people in your life that are going to support you bro
AGREED! Some people support me, but most others are just like 'whatever, you're not going to make it. Stop being so passionate about it'

I really hate people like this :(

Christopher Johnson

I Bring You Good Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just cut them out man, I've recently just had to go through this. People are scared, all their lives they have been told things have to be done this way and when someone else tries to chase their dreams they put you down cause they are scared they didn't chase theirs. Keep positive don't let it get you down. If you ever need a pep talk just send me a message broski.

BernieTheTree

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Would've been more helpful if he suggest how you could improve.

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just cut them out man, I've recently just had to go through this. People are scared, all their lives they have been told things have to be done this way and when someone else tries to chase their dreams they put you down cause they are scared they didn't chase theirs. Keep positive don't let it get you down. If you ever need a pep talk just send me a message broski.
Awh thank you Christopher Johnson! I really appreciate this, I'll maybe take up on that offer since you went through this yourself.

Would've been more helpful if he suggest how you could improve.
I know right!