people say that they are subscribed but I don't see it.

TinklatiGm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I received comments about people subscribing but I don't see my subscription count going up.....

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
There are either two cases here:
1- People saying they subscribed because they hope you will have a look at their channels and subscribe as well
2- Keep in mind Youtube takes a while to update their analytics (including the list of subscribed people), so they may be subscribed but the list is not updated yet.

TinklatiGm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1- People saying they subscribed because they hope you will have a look at their channels and subscribe as well
2- Keep in mind Youtube takes a while to update their analytics (including the list of subscribed people), so they may be subscribed but the list is not updated yet.

Thanks for replying :).. it could be either 2 I will just wait and see it update because sometimes I see that I have a certain of videos uploaded for an example 4, but in reality I have 3 videos. Youtube is weird some times.

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Well it can be either one of 2 cases:
1. Its a subscribe fisher or a bot - someone who goes to your videos and at random just says: "Hey awesome content I left a like and subscribed check out my content and etc"
2. YouTube is taking some time processing the subscribe so that it shows on your channel. The fastest way to check if you have received a new subscriber is to go to the top right corner and click on your youtube icon and it gives you your subscribers in real time.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for replying :).. it could be either 2 I will just wait and see it update because sometimes I see that I have a certain of videos uploaded for an example 4, but in reality I have 3 videos. Youtube is weird some times.
Take the comments with a pinch of salt. If they were to be genuine, they wouldn't even ask you to check out theirs nor subscribe.

They're prevalent these days and ignoring them would be the best option.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
There's another type. They did subscribe but they had their subscription status hidden from the settings.upload_2017-2-11_23-12-54.png

So if you go to their channel and you can't find channels they subscribe to, then that's a possibility as well. Unless if you go to their channel and they have it public but you can't find yourself there, then yes, they just didn't subscribed.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's another type. They did subscribe but they had their subscription status hidden from the settings
Exactly. I have a lot of those.
Anyone know the purpose of keeping subscriptions private???

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Lies.
Stalk them. Find out where they live. Make them pay with their lives the mistake of attempting to con you into subscribing to their channels.

Reactions: Dalindcy

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Exactly. I have a lot of those.
Anyone know the purpose of keeping subscriptions private???
I'm one of those. lol
I don't show people who I subscribe to as I don't see it as necessary. So I just leave that private. I usually don't tell people I subscribe to them either so there's that as well. :D

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't believe it until you had concrete evidence as most will comment they subbed bc they are hoping you will check there channel out and subscribe and usually when ppl say they r subbed to you they have other motives bc not everyone just comments that I don't think..