People Are Subscribing For Content I Don’t Enjoy Making, What Do I Do?

TheEzeJC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, I am a small YouTuber and have been making videos for 4 years now as a hobby. Recently I have been inspired to actually try and make something out of my channel.
Looking at my statistics most people subscribed because of my tutorial videos. I make these videos as a guide for myself as an archive. Surprisingly people watch and ask for other tutorials. I’m happy to have helped people, but I don’t like making tutorials videos because of the work that goes behind each one. Originally I want my channel to be a gaming channel with a community who enjoy the same things I do.
What should I do to convert the current subscribers to the new content I actually enjoy making?
Thanks for reading,
JC

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello, I am a small YouTuber and have been making videos for 4 years now as a hobby. Recently I have been inspired to actually try and make something out of my channel.
Looking at my statistics most people subscribed because of my tutorial videos. I make these videos as a guide for myself as an archive. Surprisingly people watch and ask for other tutorials. I’m happy to have helped people, but I don’t like making tutorials videos because of the work that goes behind each one. Originally I want my channel to be a gaming channel with a community who enjoy the same things I do.
What should I do to convert the current subscribers to the new content I actually enjoy making?
Thanks for reading,
JC

Do you have a "community" tab on your homepage? If so, you could use the "poll" feature to ask them what sort of content they'd like to see - Give them options of videos that you enjoy. You can also do polls on twitter. If you have a decent following, that could be another solution. :)

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I make what I like. It’s not popular but I like I doing it. I would get burnt out fast if I was making things I did not like.

Reactions: Fost

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depends on how bad you want the views (and how much more popular one is over the other). If the tutorials are way more popular, and you want views, you could consider becoming a tutorial channel. If it is not the type of vid you want to make... your hobby has just become a job.

I know everyone says you have to follow your passion to have a successful channel... but I think you also have to take an honest look at your analytics and see what resonates with the viewers. Then you have to decide if you are doing it for them, or for yourself. It would be great if you hit on a format that pleases both, but that may not always happen.

I have a type of vid that my viewers really like. They are easy, but boring, to make. I try and switch it up. A couple for me, a couple for them... I am retired and not interested in a "job". I will only do YT if I am having fun. That is my choice.

Reactions: Crown and TheEzeJC