paying for facebook ads to promote channel?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
We’ve never had any luck using FB to get views or subscribers on our YT.. It seems that it’s just too much effort for FB people to go to Youtube.

Reactions: MyBigBrain

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
If you listen to YouTube guru Derral Eves he is convinced that Facebook views of your video are not recorded on YouTube. Personally I'm not convinced.

One thing is for sure, Facebook and YouTube are NOT friends. They are in hot competition for the video space. I have researched this fairly extensively and would recommend that you grow your facebook page separately from your YouTube channel. Upload your videos directly to FB and use your $30 credit to promote the videos within FB. FaceBook will NOT help you in any way to grow a channel that they consider to compete with them for watch time.

One very successful creator found that she could fool the Facebook algorithm by posting a thumbnail and putting a link to the video in a comment below. Having said that, if you have reasonable upload speeds in your area it is far better to do a direct upload - it will get far more shares.

Last edited:

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you listen to YouTube guru Derral Eves he is convinced that Facebook views of your video are not recorded on Facebook. Personally I'm not convinced.

One thing is for sure, Facebook and YouTube are NOT friends. .
Derrel Eves based that conclusion on Facebook views allegedly not showing in his Youtube live-stats.. However, I see Facebook views in my live-stats all the time (and when I tested his theory). So i think his theory is based on flawed data..

As far as FB and YT NOT being friends.. This is TRUE.. Facebook will show a Youtube linked video to only a tiny fraction of your followers. Upload that same video directly to Facebook and it will get shown to the majority of your followers.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Derrel Eves based that conclusion on Facebook views allegedly not showing in his Youtube live-stats.. However, I see Facebook views in my live-stats all the time (and when I tested his theory). So i think his theory is based on flawed data..
I agree, in fact I think he should re-run the test to avoid losing credibility.

Tests aside, it is common sense that facebook would not want to promote content that takes people away from it's platform. If you share a video from YouTube to FaceBook a small icon is shown on your FB page. Not very enticing. If on the other hand you upload the video directly to FaceBook they reward you with a nice large image that attracts views and viewers.

BTW, and just to be clear, I'm not saying that the OP does not have common sense... it took me ages to come to this conclusion and decide that FB needed it's own dedicated strategy.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have researched this fairly extensively and would recommend that you grow your facebook page separately from your YouTube channel. Upload your videos directly to FB and use your $30 credit to promote the videos within FB. F
I created my FB page to push people to my YT channel or my website. I don't want to upload my videos to FB because I don't want to keep my followers on FB. The sole purpose of my FB page is to let people know about my YT channel and website. That's why I only share my YT videos on FB, not upload them to FB.

My hope is that people will find my videos on FB when they search for content on FB related to my niche.