paying for facebook ads to promote channel?

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I have created a facebook page that has the same name as my YT channel. I have shared 60 videos (so far) as posts on the FB page. When people click on a link in any of the posts, the links leads straight to a video in my YT channel.

FB gave me free $30 credit, so I am 'boosting' one post (paying a maximum of $3.00) for one day. I hope to get some good results when I wake up tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully used FB (paid ads) to promote their YT channel?

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Let me know how your little experiment goes as I am also curious to see whether or not Facebook can actually have a legit impact or if its all smoke no fire.

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi folks.

I have created a facebook page that has the same name as my YT channel. I have shared 60 videos (so far) as posts on the FB page. When people click on a link in any of the posts, the links leads straight to a video in my YT channel.

FB gave me free $30 credit, so I am 'boosting' one post (paying a maximum of $3.00) for one day. I hope to get some good results when I wake up tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully used FB (paid ads) to promote their YT channel?

Yeah I did it to boost a post for my Honest Deck Profile. I did get a ton of reactions and views... but just on the Facebook page. Probably might have pulled 20 views if even from the Facebook campaign. In contrast, I ran a Youtube campaign for 25 bucks and ripped 4000 views on my last video. Not sure if it was a good pick or dumb luck, but I've had much better luck with dealing with YouTube rather than Facebook.

Reactions: MyBigBrain

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well, I decided to boost 8 separate posts for a timeframe of 24 hours. The boosts have finished, and here are the cold, hard numbers.

People reached: 16149
Impressions: 21869
Unique Link Clicks (takes them straight to my YT videos): 179 (YT analytics shows maybe 20-30)
Total likes spread across the 8 posts: 84
Page likes: 11
Page followers: 12
Shared: 1
People Talking About this: 95 (I think this number is b******t)
Total cost: $17.85

Before the boosts, all metrics had a value of 0. I will spend the rest of my free $30 credit by boosting the same 8 posts again.

Thank you FB for the free money!

Last edited:

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, I decided to boost 8 separate posts for a timeframe of 24 hours. The boosts have finished, and here are the cold, hard numbers.

People reached: 16149
Impressions: 21869
Unique Link Clicks (takes them straight to my YT videos): 179 (YT analytics shows maybe 20-30)
Total likes spread across the 8 posts: 84
Page likes: 11
Page followers: 12
Shared: 1
People Talking About this: 95 (I think this number is b******t)
Total cost: $17.85

Before the boosts, all metrics had a value of 0. I will spend the rest of my free $30 credit by boosting the same 8 posts again.

Thank you FB for the free money!
Any free subs?

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
When I bought ads from Facebook back when I had a comics company, I did see the views go up, but as far as translating to actual customers that I can legitimately interact with, nah.

I think I still owe Facebook $7 from the last run. Why the hell am I going to pay for a campaign that was botted for the full run?! Hell no!

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
How did you get the free $30 from FB?
This is a very good question. I believe that I got it from taking these actions.
1. Click boost for several of my posts.
2. After a few seconds, usually after choosing some options, click cancel.

I believe that FB's algorithm can sense that I was interested in boosting my posts, but that I did not complete the action for some reason. So it gave me the free $30 credit as incentive to boost.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've spent a little on facebook boosts awhile back but have not and probably don't plan to anytime soon. I think one of the reasons is that although you will get more views and what not, people tend to stay in their own social lane and it's hard to get them to convert. For instance, people who spend a lot of time on facebook tend to stay on facebook; it will be hard to convert those people into Youtube regulars. I could be wrong but that's my inclination.