Pay Pal Me

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hi.

I wasn't sure where to post this thread but considering that my concern is if it's legit to post a 'Pay Pal Me' link in your Youtube video description box, I thought this might be the right place.

I noticed that various videos have this 'Pay Pal Me' link under their videos where people can donate money via Paypal if they want to support the channel which I thought was a good idea. I personally get a lot of views but I'm not monetized anymore due to recent changes. I had enough subscribers but not enough viewed minutes.

I noticed though that many Youtube channels, especially animation channels like mine, rather have a Patreon link under their videos where they ask for financial support. I'm not sure if posting a 'Pay Pal Me' link might be against Youtube policies.

Can anyone help with this?

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Well if channels have a Pay Pal Me link under their videos, it must not be against Youtube's policies, right? They would've been taken down by now. Why would you rather have a PayPal me rather than a Patreon? I bet it would get you more money in the longrun too because people want your rewards.

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Why would you rather have a PayPal me rather than a Patreon? I bet it would get you more money in the longrun too because people want your rewards.
I'm planning on setting that up but I need to upload videos more often than now to do that. At the moment it's hard to juggle my professional animation job that pays and my Youtube animation so I only do a Youtube short whenever I can squeeze in the time.
I can imagine that close to no one will tip me via PayPal me but I thought it can't hurt to add a link, as long as it's not against YT policies.

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I'm planning on setting that up but I need to upload videos more often than now to do that. At the moment it's hard to juggle my professional animation job that pays and my Youtube animation so I only do a Youtube short whenever I can squeeze in the time.
I can imagine that close to no one will tip me via PayPal me but I thought it can't hurt to add a link, as long as it's not against YT policies.
Well than you should definitely do it. As I said, it probably wouldn't be against Youtube's Terms of Service if you've seen people using it already in their descriptions and stuff. I'm pretty sure you can even add your PayPal onto your channel in your links section, like your banner or whatever, so definitely feel free.

Reactions: Eljay

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
especially animation channels like mine,
I have an animation channel too:) I havent used patreon or paypal though but just like you mention it is seen a lot. I doubt that it is against any rules to set up a paypal-link if it was I´m sure Youtube would have done something about it, and again I have seen tons of these paypa me links:)

Reactions: Eljay

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I have PayPal link, patreon and other affiliate links before I reached 1000 subs and so far so good. When I reached 1K subs and 4K and my channel was reviewed I didn't have any problem about my content or my descriptions. Sometimes I wonder if they really reviewed it lol I don't see a problem of having some links in your description since I've seen a lot on YT, but I'm no expert... just wanted to share my personal experience!

Hope it helps!