Patreon Question

Jared Poirier

Hey guys,

I was wondering

I have 120 Subs, is it too early to start a patreon? I think its a bit early but there are probably some mates out there who would toss me a couple bucks.

What is some Patreon advice?

I´m curious about the views though. If you have 120 subscribers and very low viewcount, it might not go to your viewers that you have a Patreon, and can´t support you because of it.
It also depends on the purpose of the Patreon: do you need it to upgrade your gear, or have to live off of?

Usually only a tiny fraction of viewers/subscribers will support a channel - for example, one channel I like has over 300k subscribers and gets 10k-50k views on a video in the first few hour of posting, yet he has Only 48 supporting Patreons.
Our channel has over 3K subscribers and we have 15 patrons ranging from $2 to $30 per video.. All but one Patron are people that know us and want to support us.. The other one is just a random subscriber.
So, i guess the moral of the story is, the average random subscriber is unlikely to support you but your buds might.

i would suggest not to start a patreon too early, you want to wait until you have a decent audience (at least 1-2k subs) because then when you make a patreon video you want it to reach an audience, it will be rare that new subs will go check out your patreon video from 5 months ago.

for me personally, i don't offer any exclusive or early content for my patreons, i don't like the idea of people getting extra stuff becuase they can afford it, some of my biggest supporters are because they watchm like, share every video and sit through the ad's. its unfair to not let them get all the content.

i also don't ask people to support me on patreon, this again is personal preference but i shout out and thank every new patron in my videos and that seems enough to remind people its there and to maybe check it out

just for reference, i have a massive patreon for a channel my size, just google search Loki Doki Patreon if you want to check it out

i would suggest not to start a patreon too early, you want to wait until you have a decent audience (at least 1-2k subs) because then when you make a patreon video you want it to reach an audience, it will be rare that new subs will go check out your patreon video from 5 months ago.

for me personally, i don't offer any exclusive or early content for my patreons, i don't like the idea of people getting extra stuff becuase they can afford it, some of my biggest supporters are because they watchm like, share every video and sit through the ad's. its unfair to not let them get all the content.

i also don't ask people to support me on patreon, this again is personal preference but i shout out and thank every new patron in my videos and that seems enough to remind people its there and to maybe check it out

just for reference, i have a massive patreon for a channel my size, just google search Loki Doki Patreon if you want to check it out
I agree with you. I have over 3k subs close to 4K and I personally think it’s too early. I had some subscribers ask me to set up a go fund me and they will help out with equipment, I said no I couldn’t do that I personally would feel bad for taking someones money.

Reactions: nad
I´m curious about the views though. If you have 120 subscribers and very low viewcount, it might not go to your viewers that you have a Patreon, and can´t support you because of it.
It also depends on the purpose of the Patreon: do you need it to upgrade your gear, or have to live off of?

Hey, I average about 100 views per video so that means pretty much all my subs are watching. I do a lot of social media so I probably have a more engaged audience than most.

I have a graphic design business so most of my income comes from that, but it would be good to get some extra income off of my youtube channel somehow.

Hey, I average about 100 views per video so that means pretty much all my subs are watching. I do a lot of social media so I probably have a more engaged audience than most.
Then I´m curious again, which I have asked before, what do you need the money for? New Equipment? To make it full time?

I was subscribed to someone with around 100 subscribers and they kept bagging for money and I ended up unsubscribing because I knew that person had money because I knew them personally and it was irritating to watch them ask their subs for money because I could see they only was uploading to get money from people

I was subscribed to someone with around 100 subscribers and they kept bagging for money and I ended up unsubscribing because I knew that person had money because I knew them personally and it was irritating to watch them ask their subs for money because I could see they only was uploading to get money from people

That is annoying! Just create and post videos, and let the videos do the work!

Hey this is all awesome advice guys. I would never be begging people for money, if anything I would just have the patreon and maybe mention it in my vids once in a while.

As I said my main source of income is graphic design, but I spend a lot of time on my YouTube vidz and I think some of my friends might toss me $2-$5.

That said I will probably wait til I have a bigger audience.

Back