Partnership Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vizibilityzero

I've Got It
Okay so the next video I am currently working on is basically about the new Mario Party game, except i am using NONE of the visuals from the game, and recreating similar occurrences in the game completely on my own. Am i able to call it Mario party -in real life, Mario party 9, etc etc etc and have titles in my video that say that or would i be better off and label my video "VizibilityZero Party" or something similar and just adding mario party 9 to the tags of the video? I ask this for future partnership questions as i don't really know how this part plays in the whole partnership role.

thanks!

You can call it 'Mario Party in Real Life', YouTube allows this title but be careful of the content you put in. You are also allowed gameplay shots...

For some reason it´s not copyright infringement to use game names in that way... So as long as you don´t yell out "This is 100% my own creation" things should be fine hehe... Also to be on the EVEN safer side of things, link to the Wii home page in the description, a non sponsored link!

I shall look forward to seeing this!

Jonathan

ok, well the game play itself isn't going to be an actual game from the game. BUT i was going to put in a chompa, a couple of the blocks that squish people, and some ? mark blocks. Should I just make those look like similar game items or do you guys think i could get away with re-making them?

if you "re-make" them they are your creation therefor they are yours to use! It´s an "homage" to the real thing which is all good!

Jonathan

if you "re-make" them they are your creation therefor they are yours to use! It´s an "homage" to the real thing which is all good!

Jonathan

But wouldnt that be infringing their trademarked/copyrighted art and making money off them when monetised? Like say if I drew a good picture of Mario and then used it one of my videos that was making money, I hate copyright laws and all the crap that comes with it. Every time I start to think about things like this I feel so sad, they really need updating to work with the world we have now.

agreed. I'm just going to make 2 versions of my video with 2 different titles, so if i get told that i need to take it down i can just replace it or something

agreed. I'm just going to make 2 versions of my video with 2 different titles, so if i get told that i need to take it down i can just replace it or something

I wouldnt go to those lengths, titles will be fine, its the content that is usually questioned.

But wouldnt that be infringing their trademarked/copyrighted art and making money off them when monetised? Like say if I drew a good picture of Mario and then used it one of my videos that was making money, I hate copyright laws and all the crap that comes with it. Every time I start to think about things like this I feel so sad, they really need updating to work with the world we have now.
If you drew a good picture hmm... that is indeed a good question on the subject of Copyright!... I would guess that it´s not copyright infringement since it´s an artist creation, there are videos on YouTube that feature Mario and Luigi as characters, that has not been taken down yet... I would link it but I don´t know who it was... all I know is I saw it done and it had millions of views... And somehow I doubt the Mario letters is trademarked but hey I´m new to such a thing... I know more about music copyright lol

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back