Partnership Advice please :)

foehammer2003

Reaction score
Hi, first post here, and I have searched these forums but coulnd't find the difinitive answers I'm after. So here goes :)

I have had my channel some years now, but only really got serious about it Feburary this year, and currently racked up just under 250k views and a small but loyal subscriber base of 450+

My videos (gaming vids, sigh... sorry lol) are monetized, and doing ok to be honest, but I really want to level up so to speak. recently I have had a few PM's about partnership, and one network in particular (Prolax Games, part of Maker?) have sent me a contract to look through. Now I have asked them directly what I get in return. this is where the problem lies, as I dont seem to get a solid answer anywhere!

I hear I can use personalised thumbmails (which i already can) increase coverage (not very exact in whats coverage or how effective it might be), that i can monetise my video's (which I already do) and channel banner (something I am missing currently).

I let this network upload one of my reviews as a test, they gained 20k views within two weeks and my upload of the same video reached less than 2k so far, which was uploaded 2 days before, so i see the potential. So I check out there directors and partners whose average video views are all under 1k views, slightly puzzled by this. So from what i see, it looks like if they upload it to thier channel it does well, but if I go with them and upload to my channel which i guess is the standard thing to do then I wont benifit much?

What I mean to say is what do I get for my xx% of revenue i'm giving away? I could understand if suddenly my views jumped up, but how does this work? Will it work?

I'm all for more coverage, but will i get it? Am i just better off growing my channel by myself?

My current 30day views is at 32,233 and growing FYI

Thankyou if you have read my wall of text, but I have some pretty exclusive gaming content coming up and want to know I'm making the most of it! :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, first post here, and I have searched these forums but coulnd't find the difinitive answers I'm after. So here goes :)

I have had my channel some years now, but only really got serious about it Feburary this year, and currently racked up just under 250k views and a small but loyal subscriber base of 450+

My videos (gaming vids, sigh... sorry lol) are monetized, and doing ok to be honest, but I really want to level up so to speak. recently I have had a few PM's about partnership, and one network in particular (Prolax Games, part of Maker?) have sent me a contract to look through. Now I have asked them directly what I get in return. this is where the problem lies, as I dont seem to get a solid answer anywhere!

I hear I can use personalised thumbmails (which i already can) increase coverage (not very exact in whats coverage or how effective it might be), that i can monetise my video's (which I already do) and channel banner (something I am missing currently).

I let this network upload one of my reviews as a test, they gained 20k views within two weeks and my upload of the same video reached less than 2k so far, which was uploaded 2 days before, so i see the potential. So I check out there directors and partners whose average video views are all under 1k views, slightly puzzled by this. So from what i see, it looks like if they upload it to their channel it does well, but if I go with them and upload to my channel which i guess is the standard thing to do then I wont benifit much?

What I mean to say is what do I get for my xx% of revenue i'm giving away? I could understand if suddenly my views jumped up, but how does this work? Will it work?

I'm all for more coverage, but will i get it? Am i just better off growing my channel by myself?

My current 30day views is at 32,233 and growing FYI

Thankyou if you have read my wall of text, but I have some pretty exclusive gaming content coming up and want to know I'm making the most of it! :)
I would immediately disable adsense on your channel. As you aren't a partner through a network you are technically not allowed to monetize gaming videos until you join a network that allows it. When you get your adsense banned (and you will sooner or later if you don't get out of adsense) you won't be able to join any network or become a full youtube partner ever unless you make a new channel. I don't know how it works with that network but Fullscreen (network I'm with) takes 30 percent of your earnings but at the end of the day you actually make more from the advertisements so it evens out. If you join Fullscreen Arcade (their gaming network) they will take 40 percent. It seems steep but at the end of the day its worth it since they protect you from adsense. Google will ban your account most of the time before they have to cut you a check. I have seen it countless times on here.

foehammer2003

Reaction score
I would immediately disable adsense on your channel. As you aren't a partner through a network you are technically not allowed to monetize gaming videos until you join a network that allows it. When you get your adsense banned (and you will sooner or later if you don't get out of adsense) you won't be able to join any network or become a full youtube partner ever unless you make a new channel. I don't know how it works with that network but Fullscreen (network I'm with) takes 30 percent of your earnings but at the end of the day you actually make more from the advertisements so it evens out. If you join Fullscreen Arcade (their gaming network) they will take 40 percent. It seems steep but at the end of the day its worth it since they protect you from adsense. Google will ban your account most of the time before they have to cut you a check. I have seen it countless times on here.
Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm confused :/

Youtube offered me monetisation on my account and have paid out a few times already. Isn't that what monetisation is about?

Ok, I've seen a few threads about this problem, but wont that mean they are breaking contract? If i've done nothing wrong, they have reviewed and allowed monetisation on each video and its within their partner suport video guides on how to keep within good standing for copyright on monetization, how can they ban me?

So OK, If I take what you have said as red, then joining a network seems to be a must. Then what about my above questions? Thanks again for your reply :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm confused :/

Youtube offered me monetisation on my account and have paid out a few times already. Isn't that what monetisation is about?

Ok, I've seen a few threads about this problem, but wont that mean they are breaking contract? If i've done nothing wrong, they have reviewed and allowed monetisation on each video and its within their partner suport video guides on how to keep within good standing for copyright on monetization, how can they ban me?

So OK, If I take what you have said as red, then joining a network seems to be a must. Then what about my above questions? Thanks again for your reply :)
You have been paid from YouTube? Maybe your making enough money for them to turn a blind eye. All I know is it's against their TOS to have gaming videos monetized and I have seen people get banned for it. As for the questions about that specific network I can't answer since I'm not with them.

foehammer2003

Reaction score
You have been paid from YouTube? Maybe your making enough money for them to turn a blind eye. All I know is it's against their TOS to have gaming videos monetized and I have seen people get banned for it. As for the questions about that specific network I can't answer since I'm not with them.
Several times yes. You've got me worried now though.

I'm not asking about that network in particular as such, more than all networks in general. Because up to this point i didnt realsise the problems with Adsense, and so didn;t see the advantage of giving away XX% to a network unless they massively increased my views. Is that how it works? Or is it the protection under the network thats the real advantage?

Thanks for your time in answering my questions too! :)

Kiesha

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Several times yes. You've got me worried now though.

I'm not asking about that network in particular as such, more than all networks in general. Because up to this point i didnt realsise the problems with Adsense, and so didn;t see the advantage of giving away XX% to a network unless they massively increased my views. Is that how it works? Or is it the protection under the network thats the real advantage?

Thanks for your time in answering my questions too! :)
Hi - Just because you don't have any issues with AdSense now doesn't mean you won't later.

What VlogRays is saying is all correct. Basically disable your AdSense now or get caught monetizing gaming material, get banned from AdSense and get ready to start a new channel later.

Trust me they will catch up. Once your AdSense account is disabled (by AdSense) NO network will want to work with you no matter how popular your channel is or how good your content may be.

foehammer2003

Reaction score
Hi - Just because you don't have any issues with AdSense now doesn't mean you won't later.

What VlogRays is saying is all correct. Basically disable your AdSense now or get caught monetizing gaming material, get banned from AdSense and get ready to start a new channel later.

Trust me they will catch up. Once your AdSense account is disabled (by AdSense) NO network will want to work with you no matter how popular your channel is or how good your content may be.
Ok, thanks, as it happens I've just been accepted for TGN so I guess its a mute point now, but thankyou both for this, really it forced me to make a move on partnership which is a good thing!

Its strange though, I litterally had no idea about this, it even covers gaming in partner support on YT and I have had reviews on games etc, first denied by YT and then given further information and had the decision turned around on these videos to enable monetization. But either way adsense account will be unlinked soon as I get the info i need from TGN :)

Thanks again :)

Reactions: Kiesha and VlogRays

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, thanks, as it happens I've just been accepted for TGN so I guess its a mute point now, but thankyou both for this, really it forced me to make a move on partnership which is a good thing!

Its strange though, I litterally had no idea about this, it even covers gaming in partner support on YT and I have had reviews on games etc, first denied by YT and then given further information and had the decision turned around on these videos to enable monetization. But either way adsense account will be unlinked soon as I get the info i need from TGN :)

Thanks again :)
Technically anyone is allowed to review anything and can show minimal footage from whatever they are reviewing. That doesn't just go for YouTube but anywhere in the United States. But let's plays aren't allowed on YouTube unless you have permission or is part of a network that allows it and even then you have to have some sort of commentary over the footage unless you have permission. And congratulations on getting picked up by TGN. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Trowzin

Reaction score
Some games allow you to use their footage without full disclosure, others you can get direct with the company, without the need to join a Network...

Also, you would probably get a strike and notification before getting banned from Adsense, depending on the games you are using.

Try to take a look on it....

And in the Monetization thing, if you are an American and join an American Network, they probably sell the ads for themselfs... What this means?
If you use Google ads, and the advertiser pays 3U$ CPM, you will get like 1U$ CPM (example), but when you join a 70/30 network for example, you will get 70Cents, the Network 30 Cents and Google 2U$.

What the Network will do, is find advertisers that advertise on your video, and offer a similar deal, like 2.5U$ CPM, but in this case, Google is not included, so the Network gets more, and you get more...

But if you live in a Country where your Network don't have an Office or a good Control over it, you would be better off with Adsense and private licenses :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some games allow you to use their footage without full disclosure, others you can get direct with the company, without the need to join a Network...
Right, I think Minecraft is one of those games.