partnered? anyone making any money?? do ads work?

Wyatt Elliott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
as a new partner, I'm super excited to have the possibilities of becoming a FT youtuber. I know this is going to take some time and I am willing to invest the time. After all, I've already been doing this for over 5 years.

I've only been partnered for about 3 months and I'm watching my views rise and rise. so I was wondering. Anyone here making good money? Who has been able to quit their day job? I know we cannot talk actual dollars and numbers and I'm not asking that. Just, do you deem yourself successful?

Also, I was contemplating on spending a little money on an adworks ad. seeing if it helps. has anyone done this? and was it worth it?

let em know.

thanks everyone!!

- Wyatt

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i have friends that are 1000+ now on youtube. im still in the triple digits and we all have said it as we will never quit are day jobs the money we get from youtube helps pay for the extra things in life. my buddy uses his to pay his mortgage but we see it as a hobby that actually creates cash flow.

looking at your social blade stats i would say your in the triple digits to

Wyatt Elliott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
thanks for the reply. it helps. at this point, a little extra spending money would be excellent haha... so, you get that triple digit every month?

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I... I'm slackin, I don't even have alot of my videos monetized. I just don't... I don't see the pocket change I was getting as really worth it yet. There was a time I was monetizing everything, and was bringing in like... I think it said I was making 3 or 4 dollars a month or something? But I just didn't see it as important enough to be trying to monetize and squeeze every bit I could out. And yet I'm getting more views now than I was then... maybe I should go through and remonetize and try again and just see what the number looks like.

I just don't feel I'll really care about youtube money till it's actually something that seems helpful. You know if that 3 bucks a month was more like 20, that's when I'd be like "well crap that could pay for my netflix and gamefly subscription (which I don't have cause I can't pay for it haha) but 3 bucks a month? Was like "well I could get a few kit kats a month" lmao

Reactions: the9one8

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
thanks for the reply. it helps. at this point, a little extra spending money would be excellent haha... so, you get that triple digit every month?[/]

yes. i will have to see how big of a cash hit i take though since i joined full screen
[DOUBLEPOST=1353231191,1353227315][/DOUBLEPOST]
I... I'm slackin, I don't even have alot of my videos monetized. I just don't... I don't see the pocket change I was getting as really worth it yet. There was a time I was monetizing everything, and was bringing in like... I think it said I was making 3 or 4 dollars a month or something? But I just didn't see it as important enough to be trying to monetize and squeeze every bit I could out. And yet I'm getting more views now than I was then... maybe I should go through and remonetize and try again and just see what the number looks like.

I just don't feel I'll really care about youtube money till it's actually something that seems helpful. You know if that 3 bucks a month was more like 20, that's when I'd be like "well crap that could pay for my netflix and gamefly subscription (which I don't have cause I can't pay for it haha) but 3 bucks a month? Was like "well I could get a few kit kats a month" lmao
exactly! are you with fullscreen

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
[DOUBLEPOST=1353231191,1353227315][/DOUBLEPOST]
exactly! are you with fullscreen
Believe it or not I was with them and then left them to join Rightster. I think a few of my posts have made it seem like I've been unhappy with Righster, but I was frustrated with everything in general then. Truth be told I still haven't given them enough of a chance but with my computer down and my webcam vlogs being all I can do and just all that crap I don't feel ready to say "Hi network, I'm ready to make you money, how should we proceed?" So I can't say one way or the other if I made the wrong decision, everything I have with rightster is everything I had with Fullscreen so yeah, I traded the flashy title for a lesser known one but that doesn't mean it was a bad decision, we'll see :)

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Believe it or not I was with them and then left them to join Rightster. I think a few of my posts have made it seem like I've been unhappy with Righster, but I was frustrated with everything in general then. Truth be told I still haven't given them enough of a chance but with my computer down and my webcam vlogs being all I can do and just all that crap I don't feel ready to say "Hi network, I'm ready to make you money, how should we proceed?" So I can't say one way or the other if I made the wrong decision, everything I have with rightster is everything I had with Fullscreen so yeah, I traded the flashy title for a lesser known one but that doesn't mean it was a bad decision, we'll see :)
i never heard of them nice hope there giving you around the same cut % ratio.

MrAdelaideRS

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think anyone on this forum is making enough to live off, It's around 2million monetizable views per month to live off, at the bare minimum of a $1 cpm

Huswoo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wish i was a partner :([DOUBLEPOST=1353237156,1353237121][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish i was a partner

Reactions: the9one8

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
wish i was a partner :([DOUBLEPOST=1353237156,1353237121][/DOUBLEPOST]I wish i was a partner
It really is convenient to be a partner, but don't go thinking that like, everything changes. It's really not ALL that different, if you aren't experiencing alot of copyright issues or something like that, it's just... it IS nice trust me, but you will still get views and subs at about the same rate, and you'll still have to self promote. It's not like now that I'm a partner my views have been through the roof or something lol I wish.