Partner Networks -vs- YT Partnership of Current YT Partner?

Gus Monkeyton

Hey, everybody!

I know there are many partner-related threads, but I wanted to share my story and hopefully get some feedback.

Recently, I was approached by VISO, I guess they're a subsidiary of BroadbandTV, which is a top ten network. Through a series of informal emails, I was told that they could do many things for my channel: promotion, support, better ads etc. However, they said their standard contract was 5 years! Yeah, no way on that haha! Also, they operate on a 60/40 revenue split. Seems like crazy terms to me. So, I won't be joining them.

I've scoured the Internet, and I can't seem to figure what would be the best option for me.
Would partnering with a network truly help me reach and build an audience that I otherwise couldn't?

Would the investment and loss of some initial revenue, and signing a contract of 1-2 years (not 5) be more beneficial than being partnered directly with YouTube as I am now?

Overall, I wonder if it's best to possibly take a chance and see if a partner network would produce better promotion and marketing results. I figure if VISO is interested then others will be.

I look forward to hearing from the forum. :)

Thanks,

-Gus

Hey, everybody!

I know there are many partner-related threads, but I wanted to share my story and hopefully get some feedback.

Recently, I was approached by VISO, I guess they're a subsidiary of BroadbandTV, which is a top ten network. Through a series of informal emails, I was told that they could do many things for my channel: promotion, support, better ads etc. However, they said their standard contract was 5 years! Yeah, no way on that haha! Also, they operate on a 60/40 revenue split. Seems like crazy terms to me. So, I won't be joining them.

I've scoured the Internet, and I can't seem to figure what would be the best option for me.
Would partnering with a network truly help me reach and build an audience that I otherwise couldn't?

Would the investment and loss of some initial revenue, and signing a contract of 1-2 years (not 5) be more beneficial than being partnered directly with YouTube as I am now?

Overall, I wonder if it's best to possibly take a chance and see if a partner network would produce better promotion and marketing results. I figure if VISO is interested then others will be.

I look forward to hearing from the forum. :)

Thanks,

-Gus

I'm not known with this, also wondering it.. But I wanted to say: your channel is awesome!

I'm not known with this, also wondering it.. But I wanted to say: your channel is awesome!
Hey, thanks! Yeah, there's so many networks and so much info, who knows what is the best decision.
I just wish I knew of testimonials of some channels in similar situations to mine where they made the network switch.

Back