Participating in Youtube Drama: A Good or Bad Idea for your Channel?

Is Participating in Youtube Drama good for your Channel?

• Could Work

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, so recently I've seen some videos from Onision that just really rubbed me the wrong way and I have some rather strong and passionate things to say about the subject matter (incl. abuse and his usage of underage girls inappropriately in his videos) to the point of a rant, and was wondering if it is advisable or not to target a channel as large as Onision or if it would rather help grow my channel even?

Also, as I'm not a "rant channel" per say, if I do say one of these Youtube drama or "roast" videos, would subscribers be mostly expecting me to post this kind of stuff all the time or could I get away with putting my regular stuff in there too?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
only if they respond to you, it's good, if they dont, just annoying video on your channel.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It would get you views, but can turn people away who don't really find that kind of stuff interesting.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YAS I love me some good tea.

CDOD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it would be good idea on generating a few more views. However you will have to be confident and jhave to know what you are taliking about. Otherwise the viewers will not listen to you. Hope you found this usefull.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I must admit that I have made some of those videos, it´s was in the moment videos!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
think of how you will look back at that video in the future. Will you still be proud of it?
big channels have fans that will attack people, especially drama channels like onision. If you don't mind the possibility of him making fun on you in a video for thousands to see, to then ridicule you in comments, then go for it.
I just don't think its worth it. Most people outside of onision fans agree with you anyway.