Paid Traffic on Google Ads to Boost YT Channel?

crazyjere

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has experience in running video ads on YT to drive paid views to your videos? Does this help in getting more traction and organic traffic for your subsequent videos?

For example, I have 10 videos in my channel. I drive all traffic to 1 of the videos and then link all the other 9 videos to the end screens & cards from that 1st video which would then be counted as organic traffic, hopefully to "trick" the algorithm into allocating more views to my other 9 videos as a result.

Would this strategy work?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"trick" the algorithm
You cannot "trick" the algorithm.

Just work on creating better content. Learn perfect SEO. The views will come if your content is entertaining.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has experience in running video ads on YT to drive paid views to your videos? Does this help in getting more traction and organic traffic for your subsequent videos?

For example, I have 10 videos in my channel. I drive all traffic to 1 of the videos and then link all the other 9 videos to the end screens & cards from that 1st video which would then be counted as organic traffic, hopefully to "trick" the algorithm into allocating more views to my other 9 videos as a result.

Would this strategy work?

So I know a few YTers who did that, but it was more for business and they had VERY professional content. I would only suggest this route if you are 100% prepared been doing this for a while or have something to sell or a company.

I know a dirtbiker who paid through ad sense and yes it does work...it does promote your video...but issue is, if your video looks mediocre or "un professional" it will put a bad image. This guys who did that he had a lot of thumbs down and video just didnt look good. came back to his channel "probably after the ad ran out" and he views were back to 15- 30. so it pretty much did nothing for him except maybe give him a bad image. Unless you have a very specific niche that with HELP people then yes. Like example reparing electronics, repairing phones, building robotics or coding, construction, personal gym trainer and food, etc and have a good sales and professional video it would be a good idea.

BUt like the average youtubers vloggers, gamers, car addicts, etc not worth it

honestly you are better off being patient and consistent. I mean I started off with 10 - 20 views on my YT videos now I am getting about a 100 views per video in the span of 3 - 4 weeks. sure its not much, but it is A LOT better than when I first started. plus i personally recommend do youtube for yourself. not others and to get known. have fun with it.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I haven't done that before, but imagine yourself as the viewer in that situation.
You're about to watch a video, you don't have adblock on, and suddenly an ad starts playing; However, the ad is just another generic Youtube video that doesn't specifically advertise anything.
Rather than watching the video you want to watch, you have to sit there for a few seconds before skipping whatever garbage ad popped up.
Would that make you want to click on the ad to see more of their videos?

crazyjere

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your input, I agree with your points totally, its just something I thought of.

I haven't done that before, but imagine yourself as the viewer in that situation.
You're about to watch a video, you don't have adblock on, and suddenly an ad starts playing; However, the ad is just another generic Youtube video that doesn't specifically advertise anything.
Rather than watching the video you want to watch, you have to sit there for a few seconds before skipping whatever garbage ad popped up.
Would that make you want to click on the ad to see more of their videos?
This was not what I meant, but thanks!

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have money to spend, then then try $20 for Video discovery.
There are worse things to spend $20 on, and it's a business expense if you report your Google income on your taxes.