Paid SEO Techniques - good or bad?

AcmeMike

Reaction score
I've been thinking about hiring someone to help us optimize/rank a new video we created. However, I do not want to be involved with anything that could potentially hurt us in the future. Below is a description of the service I found, but I do not know what these things are. Can anyone give me some advice?

• Live Upload of your video (This is optional. I can also do the service on an already uploaded video but you are far less likely to see any kind of ranking improvement if I don't do the upload/stream)
  • Optimize video file, thumbnail, tags, and other "on page" settings
  • Immediate Syndwire Blast
  • Immediate embeds on 25 PBNs
  • 10,000 Link GSA Blast
  • 1400 Social Signals
  • Secret Video Boosting Formula (I can't give away the ENTIRE process!)

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
noooooooo don't do it. Sigh. How many times? You can't cheat the youtube people. They are 'all knowing'! Like the Matrix!
Of those things suggested I don't really know what they are on about for the first one.
The second one re optimize video file only serves to evidence that they don't know anything that can help you because.. You are severely limited in how you can optimise a video after its already been uploaded for a while. To my best knowledge you video is also influenced by how people interact with it, what they watched next or at all, how long they stayed etc etc. Those historic behaviours are influenced by the quality of your content and already acknowledged.. and so at best all they can do for you is suggest better tags and titles or thumbnail which can't influence wether the content of the video is liked or engaging for the viewer. A video which is of poor content/value will always have many factors keeping it down no matter how good your seo.
Embeds on fabricated fake blogs/ accounts websites are of ZERO value as they only exist for no purpose. And if they were real blogs etc absolutely nobody would read them if they were constantly spammed with irrelevant links to youtube that people have purchased.
The other things mentioned don't even warrant a response.

Also.. driving/forcing traffic (if it could be achieved) is harmful to your videos as the random viewer (very different to a targeted viewer -i.e someone actively looking for specific content) would give you mini views of very little watch time which in turn harms how your video is promoted across the platform as youtube will think that your video sucks.

These scammers survive by fancy marketing and empty promises. They tell you what you want to hear- and you convince yourself its true because you want it to be true.

Hope I might have helped. Just make good content and think about best SEO practices as your making the video.

AcmeMike

Reaction score
noooooooo don't do it. Sigh. How many times? You can't cheat the youtube people. They are 'all knowing'! Like the Matrix!

...Hope I might have helped. Just make good content and think about best SEO practices as your making the video.
Thanks for the input! Sometimes I get tempted with shiny objects and need to remember that if it seems too easy, it's not going to work!

Reactions: UhoohExtra

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would highly highly recommend doing your own research into SEO & marketing. It might seem like a daunting task and feel like information overload but it will be far more beneficial in the long run rather than having to depend on false hope.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It´s been said but dont do it dude..
  • 10,000 Link GSA Blast
  • 1400 Social Signals
  • Secret Video Boosting Formula (I can't give away the ENTIRE process!)
Especially in these 3 points I see a red flag. This sounds like a bad fiverr gig where a random guy from India promise to make your video go viral in no time:)
Such things like tags and thumbnails is true (you have to work on that) but most of it you can do yourself with very little research on.....................................Yes you guessed it, YOUTUBE:up2::)

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’d suggest learning the SEO yourself and promoting on your own expertise.

You know the whole give a man a fish, teach a man to fish saying ;)

It’s tempting though, I know!