Paid Promotion!

Olija

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The point that my channel is at...do you guys think it's a good idea to do paid promotion of my channel/videos and/or a Facebook Page promotion? I have never tried either options before and I'd like to know if it's going to give me some sort of benefit when I attempt it.

Thanks,
OJ

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All it does is give you exposure. But the thing is that you can get that stuff for free by posting on facebook, forums such as this one and other places where your video is relevant. If people don't watch your content now they won't either when it gets fed to them in the form of an ad. The only difference is that you actually spent money for those views...

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I honestly wouldn't do paid promotion unless you just have money to burn. Realistically, the only way you can really get views from Facebook ads is if you have the perfect balance of clickbait and not looking like a virus. And even so, you'll get views, but people would get kinda ticked off at the clickbait. And then you would have wasted a lot of money. But if you have a genuine ad, no one's going to really care enough to click on it. And a lot of people have adblock, anyway. :p

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've thought about it but figured I could get it promoted through facebook groups and twitter posts as well as a paid ad would. I haven't heard of anything overly productive with a paid ad either.