Paid Promotion with Youtube/Twitter

Jake Shipe

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey y'all. So I was thinking about doing paid promotion of my channel with youtube and/or twitter. Have any of yall had experiences with this in the past? Did it seem to help much? I was thinking of maybe starting with like $20 and then seeing if it is worth it to do more.

Edmagician

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
nah not worth it at all

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey y'all. So I was thinking about doing paid promotion of my channel with youtube and/or twitter. Have any of yall had experiences with this in the past? Did it seem to help much? I was thinking of maybe starting with like $20 and then seeing if it is worth it to do more.
I once paid promotion on YouTube. You know, like those ad's. And the outcome was not too bad. The best effect of it was that I got more views and a little more subscribers a day. But you have to carefully chose which video you want to promote. Hopefully this was useful :)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Traffic wise, people generally stick to the social network they are on. It's hard to make FBers or Twitters click away from their app into another app and watch a video. I'd save my money from spending on FB/Twitter ads.
YT ads are another kettle of fish. You're on the network where your target audience is already. CPC are dirt cheap. Give it a go and see what happens. Several threads here about running ads, and lots of good info about how to set it up if you google for it.

Jake Shipe

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice, guys. I guess I'll take it slow and try to find what works and stuff... I'll update and let y'all know how it goes!