paid product placement and YouTube Red

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm a little confused how Paid Product Placement works. If I get a company to advertise with me will it work if the viewers have YouTube Red and no ads show up?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Paid product placement is something you yourself put in the video. The Company will approach you (or vise versa) and make a deal regardless of how many YouTube Red viewers you have, you will be paid the amount you and the company agree upon as the only person who can disclose how many YouTube Red viewers you have to a 3rd party is you (or anyone that has access to your account).

If you have YouTube Red the only ads that will be affected are the ones that set BY Google. As in the ads you see before the video even begins, in the side bar, they are usually highlighted in yellow in the timebar of the video if it is inserted.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Paid product placement is something you yourself put in the video. The Company will approach you (or vise versa) and make a deal regardless of how many YouTube Red viewers you have, you will be paid the amount you and the company agree upon as the only person who can disclose how many YouTube Red viewers you have to a 3rd party is you (or anyone that has access to your account).

If you have YouTube Red the only ads that will be affected are the ones that set BY Google. As in the ads you see before the video even begins, in the side bar, they are usually highlighted in yellow in the timebar of the video if it is inserted.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)
thanks,

do you have any idea how I would go about reaching out to companies for product placements? Do I have to have huge subscribers or do small people get these sort of benefits?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks,

do you have any idea how I would go about reaching out to companies for product placements? Do I have to have huge subscribers or do small people get these sort of benefits?
Larger the better in most cases, (most) companies don't really value quality over quantity. But there are 3rd party sites that link you with companies but most of them want you to be at the very least above 500 subscribers. The real payout for this kind of stuff doesn't kick in for a while. I'd recommend just monetizing your videos until you have a bigger audience. If you really want you could set up a patreon page where fans could help you get some income from producing your YouTube Videos.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)