Owning a Business and Running Ads

TFKenney

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a personal YouTube account that I have monitized. I also own a small business and have a business YouTube channel. My question is can I monitize my videos on my business channel? At what point does it become a "paid product placement"? What are the rules if I film a video that does not contain any products I sell, or if I film a video that does contain a product I sell? Thanks for your help

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
when youtube say "paid product placement" they mean people advertising stuff to gain more money than networks, ads, and youtube, basically a way to stop big companies from ripping youtube off.

you can upload your own product on your own channel, however you are not allow to pay user youtubers without youtube's approval.

if you making a video about a product (like a review), than read up on the products terms & conditions there could be a hidden lawsuit. you can say the products name but you cant show its logo for copyright reason that youtuber no longer wants to deal with and now its the user who will take the fall.

if you are selling the product, its unclear but basically you will be held responsible for legal damage.

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, you can monetize the video content on your business YouTube channel. If you have product you want to sell to people, a soft sell of the products is probably best. You don't need to do product placements, however, it's worth looking into so you can expand to brand deals to YouTubers to help promote your products and services so the business you own and operate can expand.

Just do your research on this. Good luck! :D