Our review of Broken Arrow-the explosion filled cheese-fest movie from 1996. Please give us feedback

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi YT, we are Twotakes and we review films in a way that is hopefully fun and informative at the same time!

Today we are looking for some feedback on our latest review of a film called Broken Arrow.

Do you like the length of the video, did you find it entertaining and are there any areas we can improve what we are doing?

Any feedback would be appreciated, we just want to keep improving and we have found feedback here to be soooo useful!

Thanks =]

youtu.be/MkDO2MNzLDo

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The length is good. The pacing is fun and easy to keep up with. The editing is superb. Really, I love the editing in the video and I'm usually the ******* when it comes to reviewing videos or channels. You really need to do some market research to grow your channel and maybe look at some SEO help. Out of the 24 tags you use only one has any real ranking on it. The description is very well written, credit is given where it is due. I hate to say this because I hate hearing it myself, but I don't see anything wrong with the video or your channel.

Maybe be more mindful of what you are wearing when using a green screen? The best way to do that is basically hold a fashion shoot in front of the green screen to see what will work and what will be transparent. Very minor details like that.

Your banner is very nicely drawn but conveys nothing about your brand, message or voice. Well, maybe a bit of your voice but still.

My advice is to promote, market, and SEO the s**t out of your channel and videos. Plan the production out a bit more. Head over to https://creatoracademy.withgoogle.com/creatoracademy to find some amazing tips and tricks from the mouths of babes and keep doing everything else you are doing. The video was fun, it was entertaining and it was unexpected. Also, try to be a lot more consistent with your uploads.

Reactions: TwoTakes

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The length is good. The pacing is fun and easy to keep up with. The editing is superb. Really, I love the editing in the video and I'm usually the ******* when it comes to reviewing videos or channels. You really need to do some market research to grow your channel and maybe look at some SEO help. Out of the 24 tags you use only one has any real ranking on it. The description is very well written, credit is given where it is due. I hate to say this because I hate hearing it myself, but I don't see anything wrong with the video or your channel.

Maybe be more mindful of what you are wearing when using a green screen? The best way to do that is basically hold a fashion shoot in front of the green screen to see what will work and what will be transparent. Very minor details like that.

Your banner is very nicely drawn but conveys nothing about your brand, message or voice. Well, maybe a bit of your voice but still.

My advice is to promote, market, and SEO the s**t out of your channel and videos. Plan the production out a bit more. Head over to https://creatoracademy.withgoogle.com/creatoracademy to find some amazing tips and tricks from the mouths of babes and keep doing everything else you are doing. The video was fun, it was entertaining and it was unexpected. Also, try to be a lot more consistent with your uploads.
Hi Bossknight!

First of all thank you very much for your great feedback, you are very thorough- like you are in your game reviews!

Thanks also for suggesting the creator academy we will check it out. We definitely needed a kick up the backside to start work on our tags and SEO more- we've been focusing on trying to improve content as much as possible its definitely worth some attention now.

One thing I was hoping you could eleborate on was the voice/ branding- you mention you found the video unexpected, do you think there is a way we can better label our videos/ channel that gives a better impression of what we do?

The greenscreen is actually new for us, this video was only the second time we used it and we ended up having to re-shoot all of the scenes after the first lot kept cutting out bits of limbs when we moved about. You're right about the clothes though!

We aim to release a video once every two weeks which is unfortunately the best we can do as each video takes us about 20-30 hours to make and we both work fulltime so a busy weekend can really make life tricky! This one was a few days late though so there is still room for improvement.

---
Anyway TLDR: thanks we will take what you said on board =]

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far as the voice and branding, the link I shared will give you endless more information than I can. I'd say that your content is on point with this video, so now comes the dirty part of growing on YouTube.

I guess I can sum up the branding bit. TwoTakes is not only your channel but your brand. Think of TwoTakes as a business in order to really improve the channel's growth. You need to know who your videos are for, what demographic your videos are for basically. To give an example, my channel is BossKnight Films, that is one brand and my web series of The Classic Nerd is a separate brand within the BK Films brand.

To simplify things, I use BK Films as a production company where I produce my content. The Classic Nerd is my main show I do. Classic Nerd's brand is based around retro/old video games. Retro video game reviews and discussing the retro video game scene is within that. The Classic Nerd's videos are comedy based with educational under tones. The purpose of The Classic Nerd is to review video games that people might have forgotten about or never heard of. The reason Classic Nerd reviews old games is because the modern gaming scene is dying with companies choking the industry to death. The modern gaming scene is such an issue that the last game that the Classic Nerd played that is new is Shovel Knight for the PC, and the only reason he played that was because it is heavily inspired by retro games. The Classic Nerd made the decision to focus his time playing games for home consoles such as the Atari 2600 and up to the Nintendo GameCube. He grew up playing old games, he's getting up there in age and he wants to relive the glory days of gaming. The audience for Classic Nerd are people who are into video games, people who are interested in comedy based movies and videos, people who are interested in nostalgia, people who are interested in learning about where certain game franchises came from, like SimCity and Sonic the Hedgehog or Doom, so they can appreciate video games now. He doesn't focus on good games or bad games, instead The Classic Nerd focuses on video games, any and all as long as the game is for the Atari 2600 up to the Nintendo GameCube. He tries to see the good side of everything but some games just don't have a good side and deserve to be torn apart. Likewise, some games labeled as horrible games do have very fun factors in the game that no one talks about so CN wants to let the world know that the general consensus is wrong, a good example was Friday the 13th for the NES which was very fun to play and rewarding to play.

The demographic for CN is men and women, age 18-44 from USA and the UK. The demographic are adults, which allows the voice of the brand to be a little looser when it comes to spoken words. I can say that this game sucks horribly because the audience are the people who are saying this game sucks horribly.

I mean, that is a very basic, on the fly example. It's not the best example at all, probably not an example I'd share with others. Definitely check out creatoracademy.com for better teachers to help you out.

Reactions: TwoTakes

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As far as the voice and branding, the link I shared will give you endless more information than I can. I'd say that your content is on point with this video, so now comes the dirty part of growing on YouTube.

I guess I can sum up the branding bit. TwoTakes is not only your channel but your brand. Think of TwoTakes as a business in order to really improve the channel's growth. You need to know who your videos are for, what demographic your videos are for basically. To give an example, my channel is BossKnight Films, that is one brand and my web series of The Classic Nerd is a separate brand within the BK Films brand.

To simplify things, I use BK Films as a production company where I produce my content. The Classic Nerd is my main show I do. Classic Nerd's brand is based around retro/old video games. Retro video game reviews and discussing the retro video game scene is within that. The Classic Nerd's videos are comedy based with educational under tones. The purpose of The Classic Nerd is to review video games that people might have forgotten about or never heard of. The reason Classic Nerd reviews old games is because the modern gaming scene is dying with companies choking the industry to death. The modern gaming scene is such an issue that the last game that the Classic Nerd played that is new is Shovel Knight for the PC, and the only reason he played that was because it is heavily inspired by retro games. The Classic Nerd made the decision to focus his time playing games for home consoles such as the Atari 2600 and up to the Nintendo GameCube. He grew up playing old games, he's getting up there in age and he wants to relive the glory days of gaming. The audience for Classic Nerd are people who are into video games, people who are interested in comedy based movies and videos, people who are interested in nostalgia, people who are interested in learning about where certain game franchises came from, like SimCity and Sonic the Hedgehog or Doom, so they can appreciate video games now. He doesn't focus on good games or bad games, instead The Classic Nerd focuses on video games, any and all as long as the game is for the Atari 2600 up to the Nintendo GameCube. He tries to see the good side of everything but some games just don't have a good side and deserve to be torn apart. Likewise, some games labeled as horrible games do have very fun factors in the game that no one talks about so CN wants to let the world know that the general consensus is wrong, a good example was Friday the 13th for the NES which was very fun to play and rewarding to play.

The demographic for CN is men and women, age 18-44 from USA and the UK. The demographic are adults, which allows the voice of the brand to be a little looser when it comes to spoken words. I can say that this game sucks horribly because the audience are the people who are saying this game sucks horribly.

I mean, that is a very basic, on the fly example. It's not the best example at all, probably not an example I'd share with others. Definitely check out creatoracademy.com for better teachers to help you out.
Wow, thank you for taking the time to help us! I think we understand what you mean better now- I suppose out target group should be adults interested in non-mainstream cult films/ forgotten films or just terrible films. Our brand is Twotakes under which we have Check it Or Chuck which straight up reviews and recommendations for mainly cult films and b-movies, Bargain Bin Blunder which is where we watch a terrible film we found for cheap on dvd and share our experiences and Twotakes on- which we do lists, analysis and one off type videos about films and tv.