Original and bizarre comedy, feedback needed

Boredom Killers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi! I really appreciate any feedback I could gt on my videos and my channel. I think my show has so many ideas I spread myself very thin, but I'm hoping the wierdness of it all makes it all worthwhile if I can find my audience.

But I need some honest advice. Raw, brutal honesty. I need to know what sucks and what Im doing right, or if it doesnt matter.

Thanks very much for your time!

Martyvader

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First off I love what you are going for. Yes it is weird, but I get that it is sketch comedy. If I had to nitpick it would be the video quality. Lighting can do wonders for your shots and lighting is fairly cheap. Also, when shooting outside try not to film the sun in the shot. It kinda blew out the whites in your footage. Other than that I would tighten up the edits even more. I like your intro, but it takes quite awhile to get into the show. Maybe tease some stuff at the beginning. The first 30 seconds are crucial to keeping people to stick around. I love your work and I hope this advice helps in some way!

Boredom Killers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
First off I love what you are going for. Yes it is weird, but I get that it is sketch comedy. If I had to nitpick it would be the video quality. Lighting can do wonders for your shots and lighting is fairly cheap. Also, when shooting outside try not to film the sun in the shot. It kinda blew out the whites in your footage. Other than that I would tighten up the edits even more. I like your intro, but it takes quite awhile to get into the show. Maybe tease some stuff at the beginning. The first 30 seconds are crucial to keeping people to stick around. I love your work and I hope this advice helps in some way!
Thanks! Sketch comedy is legendarily hit and miss, but the information about the lighting and the sun is appreciated! The video quality is poor, but it was recorded 6 years ago. I'm re-uploading my first 3 series (which gradually got better and better), and the I'm going full speed with a brand new series with proper filming equipment and modern editing (youtube has changed A LOT since I was an active youtuber). So I'm seeing what ideas worked and what didnt before I start anew! Thanks for you time!