Organization Techniques - Keep Everything Neat & Tidy.

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I'm writing this tutorial after a recent change of work ethics when it came to my channel, I realized that I was heavily organized and had to make a change. Now that I've done so, I'd like to share some of these tips to help you guys out in keeping all of your stuff organized on YouTube.

Graphics/Branding Files, Editing Templates etc.

These are one of the easiest things to keep organized, all it takes is one main folder with a few sub-folders inside and you'll be set. Below is a screenshot of my "YouTube Files" that I use on a daily basis, these are all in one place and stop me from wasting time searching for files through the dusty depths of my hard drive.

I've got these in a few simple folders, and I simply went through and placed everything into it's related folder. This only took an hour or so of work, so it's not exactly a time consuming process if you stick to it and have a basic idea of what you're doing.

Passwords & Secret Things -

These days most of us 'Tubers run multiple accounts across various Social Media Platforms, and 99% of us have a few email addresses, apps and programs that require constant use. Unless you've got a singular password (or security question/answer) for each site/program, then you might have a hard time remembering which one goes where.

This can be sorted extremely quickly, by writing everything down on a blank text file, and encrypting it using software such as TrueCrypt to make sure they're ultra safe! If you would rather keep everything close by and physical, you can write them down on a sticky note and put it on your desk, cupboard or lamp. That choice is yours.

And that's how simple it is!

That's literally all it takes to get everything into order. Another thing that some people fall into is saving things to their desktop/downloads folder, stop this by selecting "Choose were to save each file" in your browser and keep it all organized, otherwise you'll be losing stuff all the time.

I hope this article helped you guys out a little bit, have a good one!

Cheers,
Faptain

Last edited:

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Pretty nice tutorial, sure will help those damn unorganized people. :p

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
I just use an algorithm I made up to create all my passwords. It's not easy to figure out as far as I know, but it's easy to remember so I never have to write this stuff down.

Reactions: RedFox

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Do NOT store ANY passwords or important info in a plaintext document, that's just asking for trouble.
Although it is good to write down passwords somewhere, I have to agree here with just a standard Notepad .txt, if anyone can gain access to your PC's files they have access to almost all of your important sites.

unknown_user54684097890

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Do NOT store ANY passwords or important info in a plaintext document, that's just asking for trouble.
I can't believe I forgot to mention Encryption. I'll fix that up now.[DOUBLEPOST=1399366359,1399366205][/DOUBLEPOST]And now we can all stop focusing on that tiny bit of information that I left out and continue with the rest of the article. Cheers.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Better to use software like Roboform or LastPass...
I think roboform for storing them would be overkill for a lot of people :D TrueCrypt isnt ideal either though as accessing them means having the USB to hand and entering the master password each time before being able to copy/paste them.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think roboform for storing them would be overkill for a lot of people :D TrueCrypt isnt ideal either though as accessing them means having the USB to hand and entering the master password each time before being able to copy/paste them.
It depends on how many passwords you use. If like me you have gazillions, it is worth using.
TrueCrypt you can also use with your hard disk. You don't have to keep the volume on a USB, and it works nicely too.
Alternatively use PGP or GPG to encrypt a single file and decrypt it every time you need to access it..

Reactions: Michael