Opinions: Did this video "flow?"

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just seeking some feedback on my newest video. My main questions are:

1. Did the storyline flow with the music?
2. Would you say this style belong in the "Music" or "Film/Animation" category?

Bonus: Any other Black Key's fans out there? :headphone2:

Thanks guys!

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great song, and great video. I'll always be happy to see Popeye! I thought it flowed nicely, and that the story-line tracked well with the music. There were some parts that I thought flowed better than others. It wasn't that any parts were bad, it was more than other parts were exceptional.

In regards to the category, I reckon it's up to you what you're aiming to do with your channel, and what audience you are trying to attract. If you want to get people who want to listen to the music, and then also may be interested in the animation, go with music. If you want to draw an audience who want to see the animation, and enjoy the music secondarily, go with film / animation. They are both valid options, and your channel will accrue fans of both categories regardless of which you choose.

Nice work on that video, and good luck with your future videos!

Reactions: mysticmotel

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great song, and great video. I'll always be happy to see Popeye! I thought it flowed nicely, and that the story-line tracked well with the music. There were some parts that I thought flowed better than others. It wasn't that any parts were bad, it was more than other parts were exceptional.

In regards to the category, I reckon it's up to you what you're aiming to do with your channel, and what audience you are trying to attract. If you want to get people who want to listen to the music, and then also may be interested in the animation, go with music. If you want to draw an audience who want to see the animation, and enjoy the music secondarily, go with film / animation. They are both valid options, and your channel will accrue fans of both categories regardless of which you choose.

Nice work on that video, and good luck with your future videos!
Hey, thanks for watching! I'm thinking of the sticking with the former. I must have subconsciously discovered this style of video from just trying to listen to music years ago, so it only seems right.
Appreciate your feedback! :thumbsup2:

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me, the opening didnt flow very well (and that's the most important part!) like, maybe the clips should have been a bit longer each. Also, the jerky/jitter was a bit annoying. Was that intentional or was that an artifact of slowing it down? If that's the case, there is software that can smooth-out the jittering on slowed-down clips (ie; Final Cut Pro can do this)..
But I have a question for you: Where do you get the footage that you use?

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To me, the opening didnt flow very well (and that's the most important part!) like, maybe the clips should have been a bit longer each. Also, the jerky/jitter was a bit annoying. Was that intentional or was that an artifact of slowing it down? If that's the case, there is software that can smooth-out the jittering on slowed-down clips (ie; Final Cut Pro can do this)..
But I have a question for you: Where do you get the footage that you use?
Hello! Fair enough, I'm working on learning to utilize and cut full footage, right now I use just any cool clips/gifs that catch my eye. I'm no pro quite yet! :happy2:
Would you recommend Final Cut over Adobe Premiere? Thank you for your feedback!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Would you recommend Final Cut over Adobe Premiere? Thank you for your feedback!
Both are good..
If you have never used either, and would have to learn either from scratch, I would lean toward Premiere since the long-term future of Final Cut Pro is somewhat questionable..
if you already know a little about Final Cut, or if you've used iMovie, it would say stick with what you know and go with Final Cut.

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Both are good..
If you have never used either, and would have to learn either from scratch, I would lean toward Premiere since the long-term future of Final Cut Pro is somewhat questionable..
if you already know a little about Final Cut, or if you've used iMovie, it would say stick with what you know and go with Final Cut.
Gotcha. I currently use mostly iMovie, but am leaning towards learning Premiere.