Open Letter from YouTube

Unanswered5s

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really don't know what to think... Logan Paul is clearly their golden boy so I can't see any real consequences occurring here unfortunately. Funnily enough I think Keemstar made a good point about how if YT aren't going to cancel Logan Pauls YT Red series then they really ought to bring back PewDiePies.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m glad that youtube is taking action on what happened, they should of done something right away but at least their looking for ways to fix it. He should of never of showed the body in the video, it was wrong and I don’t think that was okay. That being said I also think people should stop reuploading the video and they also should stop with adding things to the story that was never in the video in the first place. I watched the entire video and I was in shock that he filmed what he filmed. But now people are taking the situation too far where their going to his house and standing outside his gate and threatening his life. What he did was wrong but nobody deserves their life to be threatened. I lost two people I knew to Suicide it’s a terrible thing. He got a community strike which he does deserve because he went against YouTube policey. I don’t think he should get banned from YouTube and I certainly don’t think other people should keep attacking him over it, we should let YouTube do something about and not take matters in are own hands by rioting and saying awful things. I believe that everyone deserves a second chance and by me saying that doesn’t mean I think what he filmed was okay, it just means that I’m able to forgive but it’s not me are you who needs to forgive him it’s up to the victims family if he’s forgiven or not not us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatBrickBloke

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My mom always says "the older I (she) get, the stupider people become." And you know...I think she's right. lol! Some of the things people do are completely nuts -- and it gets worse the older I get! That said, it's easy to judge while standing by the sidelines with hindsight in the picture, but I've sure done some stupid things myself. It's almost like I'm "blind" when I'm "in the moment" of things, while an outsider with observation of a bigger picture might obviously see what's actually going on and think it's idiotic... :/

Maybe @Crown and @KatyAdelson should volunteer as mods for YouTube?
I seriously applaud any person who monitors videos -- I'd imagine it's a really tough job. I'd go insane having to watch and delete beheading videos, suicide streams, and who knows what else is posted on the site. x_x Just the thought of what awful videos the monitors might have to watch and delete on YouTube makes me somewhat understand why they put Logan's video into a lower-priority category -- he "just" (I use that lightly...since it's still really bad...) filmed a person who had died, he didn't film killing someone...So whoever was looking at the flagged video okayed it and went on to the next awful thing that they needed to watch. Acts like his look a lot more innocent if you've just had to watch and delete some heinous crime video. A big chunk of my brain rejects the idea that there are humans in this world that do malicious and violent stuff -- even though I know there are plenty out there who do, and that they put it on the Tubes... :S

I think YouTube needs to take their community moderation idea that flopped a year ago back to the drawing board and expand on it. There needs to be a somewhat-rigorous mod selection process, and something at stake to encourage the mods to do an ethical job -- both of which their old system lacked.... I think fixing their mod idea might be easier than trying to develop software that can scan videos for everything offensive.

Reactions: Crown

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I think Logan Paul and his team made a a serious error in judgement. A community strike is a bit lenient, but I don't think that his channel should be terminated. Once he and his team understands the consequences of such actions, he can continue to contribute positively and keep his fans entertained.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From the Internet:
YouTube removes Logan Paul from top-tier Google ad platform, YouTube Red projects on hold
polygon.com/2018/1/10/16871562/logan-paul-youtube-red-thinning

The company announced today that it will not move forward with a planned YouTube Red movie that Paul was supposed to star in at this time as the project is on hold. The Thinning: New World Order was supposed to be the sequel to Paul’s 2016 YouTube Red movie, The Thinning. A YouTube representative also confirmed to Polygon he is removed from Google’s top tier preferred ad program.

“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred,” a YouTube representative said. Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season 4 of ‘Foursome’ and his new Originals are on hold.
Yet another canned YouTube Red project.

Reactions: Crown

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I never heard of that guy before as I'm not interested in those youtube-stars, now I read a few articles about what is up with that whole thing. How stupid can a person be? Good to read that they seem to stop giving this sicko a platform.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm just concerned what they're planning on doing. Already the changes to the monetisation system has negatively effected A LOT of channels. It's improving a bit but not by much. I've even seen genuinely educational channels like a VET channel being marked as "not advertiser friendly", the Hodge Twins have basically cut their content load on YouTube and shifted to another platform just for the topics they discuss. The problem is that there never seems to be a neutral ground with YouTube, it's always either too little from them or too much, they either do nothing to fix a problem or go overboard with a crap load of collateral in the process.

I think it should be as simple as terminating Logan's channel (I know some people would disagree, like Ethan from H3H3 but the dude was legit trying to hold back a laugh & even giggled a bit, he clearly does not take the fact seriously, that there's a corpse only metres away from him) and that's it, leave it at that, we don't need a new "steps" or in other words; a new algorithm "to ensure a video like this is never circulated again."