Oops, watched my own video

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s not problem unless you’re clicking on your own ads, if you click your own ads every time you watch you will get banned from ad sense

Reactions: darksmokeyt

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone else accidentally watch the first few seconds of their video? Wondering if this is bad, and particularly bad if you are monetized.

Thanks!
Apart from monetization, I would feel this is a must for youtubers.

I post my video, I watch it once threw before publishing it. Then I watch it once more and almost critique my vid, take mental notes of errors or things that worked, etc. It has been a long time since I watched one of my one videos and it recorded a "view."

Ephlik Audio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i recall watching a video quite some time ago while doing some seo-related research, that watching your own video and thereby artificially boosting your view count, actually was a "youtube hack" that would make your video rank better

im sure the video is still out there and not too difficult to find

the validity of that hypothesis however, i cannot ascertain or speak to

also, im pretty sure views are counted when you click on your own channel and the video auto-plays as well, but im not 100% sure of that

basically what im saying is, theres no way that counts negatively toward you

ofc youtube understands that youll accidentally missclick (or intentionally to make use of the aforementioned "youtube hack"), but theres no way theyre gonna hold that against you man, no way

youre safe, dont worry about it :)
How many times were they watching their own video lol? I'm not sure 1 view is enough to make any significant change although i also heard of people liking their own video too to reappear on home pages. As for the ''trailer'' or landing page video auto playing. In my case it hasn't counted towards views when people land.