Oops, watched my own video

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Anyone else accidentally watch the first few seconds of their video? Wondering if this is bad, and particularly bad if you are monetized.

Thanks!

Reactions: evnanonymous

.KC.

Reaction score
darksmokeyt...just relax dude lol. Its obviously fine.

SillyVoid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Been there, done that. Almost started slamming my head against a wall once I realized it but didn't because I was told it has no effect on my view count... or does it?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I almost always watch my video from beginning to end as soon as it is published - just as a final check that everything is as it should be.
There's absolutely no problem with doing it.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Not really a problem, the only issue would be if you watch the video then click every ad, refresh the video, click the ad's some more.

If you just watch the video while it's on the channel there is nothing negative to this whatsoever.

Reactions: darksmokeyt

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It doesn't matter. I watch 100% of my own videos once they publish to make sure everything uploaded fine. Doesn't affect a thing.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always used to watch my videos in full after publishing. I also used to 'like' it and leave a comment.
I never click on my own ads though.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After editing then rendering my videos. I would, every single time. Watching your own video is a must. I do this all the time to look out for any mistakes or need of improvement. I started to implement some comedy skits in them now. If I can laugh at my own skits I know I'm doing a good job. The after results from my fan base was positive. Reviewing is really important. If I don't like it I would drop the content and start fresh.

evnanonymous

Reaction score
i recall watching a video quite some time ago while doing some seo-related research, that watching your own video and thereby artificially boosting your view count, actually was a "youtube hack" that would make your video rank better

im sure the video is still out there and not too difficult to find

the validity of that hypothesis however, i cannot ascertain or speak to

also, im pretty sure views are counted when you click on your own channel and the video auto-plays as well, but im not 100% sure of that

basically what im saying is, theres no way that counts negatively toward you

ofc youtube understands that youll accidentally missclick (or intentionally to make use of the aforementioned "youtube hack"), but theres no way theyre gonna hold that against you man, no way

youre safe, dont worry about it :)