Only upload a video if you know it will be high on search results?

EnderSource

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So with my channel I only upload videos that will be high on the search results but it's really hard to find a topic to do.
Do you think just uploading what I enjoy even if it does not make it on the first page is worth it?

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If u dont like it, dont make it unless ur living on its income
Pewdiepie the biggest youtuber confessed for making content he doesnt like doing and then started doing his own s**t again
And you can see he's been a lot happier in his vids
Especially in his South park series

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're going to create a channel and only make content chasing trends and popular searches, your results will be at the whim of Google.

I suggest you create content that you enjoy and build a channel that can grow a community.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I know my niche pretty well and have enough experience to know what does well and what doesn't.
And still I make videos which I know will have a very hard time getting decent views, because I havea passion for the video.
On the other side I sometimes make videos which I actually don't feel like doing, because I know that it will make a decent amount of views.

So in the end it really depends on where your motivation comes from. If I am passionate about a certain topic I don't care about the views too much. If I am passionate about the amounts of views a video will bring then I don't care that making the video is not as enjoyable.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The YouTube Creator Academy channel (that's the name of it) had a video today that you should consider. It's called "Standing out on YouTube | Master Class ft Roberto Blake. v=nVOMc7lxN9w

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
People are right, don't just chase any trend. Chase trends that you are passionate about. This idea that you shouldn't tap into a greater audience with a more "catchy" idea only hurts a channel's potential. In any niche, there will be something more trendy than other things. If you want to be successful, then of course you want to chase after things that will bring you success. However, with that being said, you still want time to create content that you personally enjoy regardless of trendiness. That's how I do it. From time to time, I will make a video that I know will have a greater grasp, even if I don't actually enjoy that topic. Then I shift back to making videos I personally enjoy.

LivingWithTheGuzmans

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So with my channel I only upload videos that will be high on the search results but it's really hard to find a topic to do.
Do you think just uploading what I enjoy even if it does not make it on the first page is worth it?
Upload everything later on it may take off

EnderSource

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the advise. I'm just going to upload what I enjoy now and yeah it will be fun :D