Music Online Band

R A Jones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've been thinking about this for a while and in my opinion, I think having specific musicians to go to is a better idea than trying to round up different people for every song you want to cover, write or remix.

So I'm looking for a willing drummer, bassist and guitarist as this will be a long term project.
Vocalists are an exception... Vocalists should not be pushed into trying to fit into a certain style which they are not comfortable with.
So for this online band, I would prefer multiple vocalists for different styles and genres of music, as for examples; clean vocalists can range from RnB, rap, pop to metalcore, post-hardcore and thrash metal.
As for screaming... That's pretty self explanatory.

My requirements for this would be;
-Decent recording equipment... Doesn't have to be professional but can't be from a laptop mic or camera mic.
-Be open to a lot of different genres.
-Be able to use your own initiative.
-And... Have a general understanding of using lighting. Example; I use a laptop webcam for my videos and the reason it doesn't look like crap is due to having my lights pointed directly at me while recording.
-Skype, Facebook or any other application with group chat would also be a preference.

If anyone is interested then let me know as I want to get the ball rolling ASAP!

Mithril

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm interested! I got a new mic recently so the quality is better than in my last cover ;)

vnaeess

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
hey i thought about the same thing... like cobus potgieter did... he made an online casting for his new band and produced an album with them :)
if you're interested, i play the drums :)

dzakobguitar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi! I'm the guitarist and I think it's a brilliant idea. If you are interested how do I sound/play I have a lot of songs on my youtube channel. I'm totally eager to do that! ;-)

vnaeess

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Hi! I'm the guitarist and I think it's a brilliant idea. If you are interested how do I sound/play I have a lot of songs on my youtube channel. I'm totally eager to do that! ;-)
wow you have great skills! :) would be awesome to start a band with such good players! :D

R A Jones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I checked out your channel, just wondering what you're like with lead parts?
I've only recently started getting into soloing and taking lead parts but as I play a lot of Protest The Hero, sometimes there is no lead guitars and both guitarists are doing the same amount of work.

wow you have great skills! :) would be awesome to start a band with such good players! :D
I checked out your Dark Horse interpretation, are you planning on uploading more videos?

dzakobguitar

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I checked out your channel, just wondering what you're like with lead parts?
I've only recently started getting into soloing and taking lead parts but as I play a lot of Protest The Hero, sometimes there is no lead guitars and both guitarists are doing the same amount of work.
Actually, I'm not that type of guy who has to play leads, but if you're not comfortable with soloing I can play some solos, it doesn't matter to me :p

vnaeess

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
I checked out your Dark Horse interpretation, are you planning on uploading more videos?
yes, definitely...but not sure if i should do more covers or just some random playing :)

R A Jones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Actually, I'm not that type of guy who has to play leads, but if you're not comfortable with soloing I can play some solos, it doesn't matter to me :p
I don't mind playing lead but I'm just wondering what your level is

yes, definitely...but not sure if i should do more covers or just some random playing :)
I would suggest covers but putting your own style on it... This is my own opinion but I don't find random playing interesting unless there's a lot going on, like Matt Halpern from Periphery does or possibly some of Luke Hollands improv stuff

Reactions: vnaeess