Onision Deletes 2 million subscribers - Makes Channel Pay Only

OrkoTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So what do you think of Onision deleting all his subscribers and forcing them to pay now to watch his videos? Pretty rude to do to people that supported him through his madness over the years.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Pfffft. If I had no interest in watching his channel before, I sure as hell won't suddenly start paying to see his junk now.

Youtube will always be used as a free video platform for me. If they suddenly announced a new FNAF game and the one and only way to see gameplay footage is to pay Markiplier to see it, sorry. I'm not paying.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I find it kind of stupid to ask people to pay to watch a channel when if you already have a big fan base you will get a lot of money either way -_-

u2bGamer

Reaction score
Oprah and Howard Stern both went from free to pay and their audience didn't follow. Luckily for Howard that he was given money to leave.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think people are using YoutubeRed in a wrong way. You can't expect your audience to start paying, just because they watched your vids in the past. A better example are Dan & Phil. They have some YoutubeRed videos about their roadshow. You know, the thing that people had to pay for to see in the first place! So to see the full show, or behind the scene videos, you have to pay a bit as well. Putting on a show is costly, so real fans don't mind paying a bit to support them doing it. Next to this, they just keep putting out regular Youtube content like they have always been doing.
Just blatantly forcing people to suddenly start paying for something that has always been free is just stupid.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Putting up a paywall is a sure way to loose the majority of your viewers. People that watch YouTube do so because it is a free platform to use and get content that is not created by big name news agencies.

I never knew about the name and had to research. I came upon the pay site. It seems he owes the IRS for multiple years of back taxes if he owes that much money. In addition, he complains about his content being demonstrated. When I check out his video titles I know exactly why. YouTube wants to get away from being known for all of that type of content. He is unwilling to change because his entire channel is based on click-bait drama. So paywall. I can't fault him for that. What I can fault him for is his language. He essentially puts his fans in two categories now. Chumps that can't / won't pay and those super awesome fans that can. If you must know: I would be in the second category, I am not paying for anything on YouTube ever.

Reactions: chottom

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Same, I don't even pay to watch the movies on Youtube that are like 2 bucks. You know, actual movies that were once in theaters like Batman Returns or Titanic and whatnot, not fanmade stuff.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If Onision doesn't want his subscribers... I'll take them. I'll even be a pal and split the two million with you guys!

I don't know anything about his numbers since his view count has been removed but... if he was demonetized to a great enough degree, even if only one percent of those two million resubscribed, that's still $10k a month for him. There are channels I might pay fifty cents a month to watch. A half a buck is considerably better than Motor Trend and the five dollars a month they keep trying to cram down peoples throats.