Ongoing Harassment for Over a Year

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's a very long story. I have condensed this post, as it was pages long.

I've had my Youtube channel since 2007. I explore the perimeter, and the nooks and crannies around mainly Area 51, document it on video. Usually on my 4 wheeler/quad. My channel USED to be quite popular. Currently sitting at just over 50k subs. Not huge, but it's a niche.

A copy-cat, over the last year, has encouraged his subscribers to unsubscribe from my channel, down-vote my videos, and make false reports to Youtube. Mainly by making false accusations against me. Consequently I have lost a lot of subs, got many threats. Now my videos are getting about 1/4 the views they used to, and are no longer being featured or recommended by Youtube.

Is there any recovering from this?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
That's terrible. Just keep your head up and keep going. Seems to me that lots of large channels seem to have accusations towards other channels, and it is just something you need to be prepared for. Address the problem in a video and move on, don't fight fire with fire.

I believe you can bounce back.

StefaTGM

Reaction score
It's not only you my friend there is a ton of Channels suffered huge drop in views and as well in subs since end of June month, For me it's about 50-70% drop in views. but whats funny is that i am losing subs till this day but still i am making good content. i am pretty sure thats not ppl unsubscribing that youtube way of Desubbing
There was a huge change in Algorithm in June for that reason they added those Monetisation options (Sponsor Button, Selling Merchandise) they eventually knew whats gonna happen so they somehow wanted to give some mercy.