One large channel or smaller?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know the title is rather confusing, but im wondering if we should keep gaming off to another channel, and keep just short films on our main channel? Thank you everyone for the feedback!

Nick

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Honestly, it's up to you. No one here is gonna give you an answer that absolutely works for you, because there is none. It's really your personal preference. Some people like having separate channels because it feels more organized, but the downside to that is that you feel obligated to keep uploading to that separate channel. Say, for example, you get tired of doing gaming videos. Happens to everyone. Gaming eventually begins to feel like work, you want to take a break from doing gaming videos and just enjoy gaming for what it is. You'd still be meeting the upload schedule for your main channel by doing the short films, but your gaming channel would be collecting dust. But if you think you can consistently keep multiple channels running, go for it! I personally just upload all my videos onto this channel, because I consider myself an 'internet personality' rather than a gaming channel or a comedy channel or a reaction channel. I don't like feeling limited. Again, it's all personal preference and how your audience feels.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would make 2 separate channels. Gamers tend to be young boys/men, and I am guessing young boys/men have no interest in anything other than games.

You may alienate peoole who enjoy the short films but have no interest in games and vice versa.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had the same question some months ago. Finally I've decided to ask the subscribers to decide if I shall keep the gaming videos on the main channel or post them on separate channel.
More than half (52%) said "No, post them on the gaming channel"
9% said Pancakes! (they don't care).
6% said they can't decide.
Only 33% said that they want gaming videos on the main channel.
So, I don't post gaming videos on my main channel anymore.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd suggest making a second channel for content that is radically different to the content you produce on your current channel.
So, if you have a film channel, but want to start doing letsplays on the side, definitely make a second channel for that.
It just keeps things a lot more organized, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate it and I'll let you know what we decide to do. Thanks!!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, it's up to you. No one here is gonna give you an answer that absolutely works for you, because there is none. It's really your personal preference. Some people like having separate channels because it feels more organized, but the downside to that is that you feel obligated to keep uploading to that separate channel. Say, for example, you get tired of doing gaming videos. Happens to everyone. Gaming eventually begins to feel like work, you want to take a break from doing gaming videos and just enjoy gaming for what it is. You'd still be meeting the upload schedule for your main channel by doing the short films, but your gaming channel would be collecting dust. But if you think you can consistently keep multiple channels running, go for it! I personally just upload all my videos onto this channel, because I consider myself an 'internet personality' rather than a gaming channel or a comedy channel or a reaction channel. I don't like feeling limited. Again, it's all personal preference and how your audience feels.
finally someone whos okay with uploading multiple videos on their channel, everyone on here is so against it but to be honest I do it and it has helped my channel more than anything, I had multiple people tell me they like the variety of videos.

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss